Chapter 43

"It was all hers."

Chaeyoung didn't seem to understand what Lisa's trying to say. "What?"

"What's... all hers?" She asked once again.

"My extra time." She sobbed.

"I've been taking it from her. The more time that's added to mine..."

"The less time she has left."

Chaeyoung stared at the can of beer while her mind was engulfed with thoughts connected to this specific doe-eyed girl. 

She sighed—stressed about Lisa's life. She shouldn't be stressed about this because it's Lisa's life, but she can't help it. 

Chaeyoung was about to sip from her beer once again, but suddenly, a knock on the door interrupted her from doing so.

"Who's there?"

She stood up and approached the door. Rosé didn't seem to care who's on the other side of the door so she just opened it so she could sit. 

There, her eyes widen in shock. She saw Jisoo carrying a plastic bag, waiting for her to be welcomed inside. 

"Jisoo?" She asked with a shocked tone in her voice. 

Jisoo noticed the door was open and looked at Chaeyoung with a smile. But, when her eyes landed at Chaeyoung, she saw Rosé's face was covered with a face mask. 

She suppressed her laughter by pressing her lips into a thin line. And it worked since it looked like Jisoo was just being awkward. 

"Why are you here? Wait, why do you even know my address?" Rosé asked. 

Jisoo ignored Chaeyoung'squestions and stepped inside Chaeyoung's apartment. Chaeyoung followed Jisoo inside and her eyes were glued to the plastic bag that Jisoo was carrying.

"Why don't you pick up my calls?" Jisoo asked as she placed down the plastic bag on the table. Chaeyoung's brows frowned and patted her pockets. She looked at her phone and saw 10 miss calls from Jisoo that made her look at Jisoo in front of her. 

"It was... silent." Rosé reasoned out.

Jisoo nodded in response and reached something to Rosé. "Here. Your favorite ice cream." She said and threw it on Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung's hands speedily caught it. 

Jisoo's eyes landed on the single beer of can that Chaeyoung had. "You've been drinking by yourself?" She asked.

Chaeyoung looked at Jisoo like a confused puppy and nodded. 

"Then you should've called me!" Jisoo said and crossed her arms as if she was angry at Chaeyoung.

"Oh! And order some chicken. You have beers, right?" She asked once again. 

She looked around the place and saw the refrigerator so she approached it and opened it to find beer. Chaeyoung stared at Jisoo as she'd done every movement. 

She goes inside my apartment like she knows everything inside here.

"Why are you here?" Chaeyoung asked once again. 

Jisoo grabbed a can of beer out of the refrigerator and looked at Chaeyoung. She curved her lips into a smile.

"I just... like your company," Jisoo confessed and gave her thumbs up. 

Rosé slowly nodded her head "okay" and looked at the ice cream she's holding. But as she was starting to eat the ice cream, Jisoo interrupted.

"Oh, and you have your face mask on," Jisoo said, suppressing her laughter in the process.