Hosting a tea party

Start from the beginning

She then understood how vigilant he was even in his sleep. Tiredness got the best of her and she too fell asleep quickly..

------

Suhasini opened her eyes when the curtains were opened. She woke up as she rubbed her eyes.

Adi: Good morning beautiful.. Happy anniversary..

Suhasini: Happy anniversary my dear gangster..

Adi kissed her on her forehead...

Adi: I have a meeting in the morning.. I will be back by 3 in the evening.. You can wind up your tea party then..

Suhasini: Okay.. Come back soon.. I'll be waiting for you...

Adi left for office very early to come back early..

Suhasini also got ready for the big day. Everyone wished her in the morning. Prerna visited her in her chambers.

Prerna: Prepared your present??

Suhasini: yes.. I hope he likes it..

Prerna: Did he ever say no to you??

Suhasini: For that reason, I'm worried. He used to say no to everything in the beginning..

Prerna: Is this a thing to worry?? Will you hate something from brother-in-law?? You will not.. Right?? Don't you worry.. Got things done for party??

Suhasini: Adi did...

She giggled..

Suhasini: Did you get things done??

Prerna: Eeshwar did..

She giggled in response...

-------

Tea party was arranged in the central hall of the common palace. All socialites made a beeline to the party hosted by the first lady of the country.

The hall was themed with a royal backdrop. It looked grand and extravagant. Everyone was in awe when they saw the arrangements.

The tables were filled with delicacies ranging from pastries to smoked salmon. All kinds of teas were served. Drinks were also served on a white wrought iron bar cart which were placed next to each table.

Since it was their anniversary, the theme chosen was King and Queen. Hence crown shaped flower vases were placed in the middle of the table. Snacks ranged from finger sandwiches, salads and biscuits. They were placed in tiers to have a clear visibility. Elegance and royalty exuded in the every part of the party.

All ladies were in awe of Suhasini. They thought that she would embarrass herself. But they did not expect her to be so classy.

Prerna: Brother-in-law did a great job...

She whispered in Suhasini's ears..

Suhasini: scallops and salmon are from him.. Matha ellam naan dhaan pannen..

Prerna: Wow your highness.. I'm impressed..

Madhana: I'm impressed too..

They bowed their heads when they saw the queen and empress making their way towards the hall..

Everyone stood up when they saw Empress attending the party..

Lady 1: Your Majesty, we are honoured by your presence..

Empress nodded her head..

Empress: This is a party hosted by future matriarch.. I need to come.. Isn't it right Madhana??