Old Adventures: The Chronicles of Dumb and Dumber

Start from the beginning

"The wound is gone! Remember? I stabbed my hand with a knife yesterday!" she exclaimed.

Realisation hit the fiery boy as he gasped and grabbed her hand, pulling it closer to his face to inspect it, "Holy fuck... It's gone... It's really gone!"

"You really weren't messing with me!" Irin exclaimed.

"Of course I wasn't messing with you! What do you take me for?!" he scolded as he smacked her on the head.

"A huge meanie who likes to pull jokes on me... But anyways, it really healed! I can heal myself!" she said excitedly.

"Yeah! That's really cool!"

The two quickly forgot about the thoughts they had and drowned in the topic of Irin's healing abilities.

"But wait, Ace, we don't have proof that I can actually heal. I didn't see it heal nor did you so how can we be sure?" she asked as she pulled back her hands.

Ace raised a brow, "Isn't seeing a stab wound completely gone overnight enough proof?"

"I mean... Yeah... But we still don't really know how it works and when it works..." she stated.

"Of course we know when it works. It works when you're asleep." Ace stared at her dumbly.

Ïrin had an 'are you stupid?' look drawn on her face, "Tell me something I don't already know, Ace, I'm trying to have an intelligent conversation here," she said.

He deadpanned at her, "Then that'd be impossible because you're the stupid one here," he huffed, crossing his arms.

"Last I checked I was the certified doctor here who treats your injuries every time YOU do something stupid and get yourself hurt," she returned the deadpan.

The freckled ravenette looked offended by her statement, "I'm not the one who's so stupidly gullible, stubborn and has no sense of danger!"

"Being gullible and not being stupid are two different things!" she rebutted, crossing her arms and turning her head away from him.

"This is just another good example of you being stubborn."

"Because I refuse to be called stupid?!"

"Yeah."

Irin stared at him with a look of disgust from his ridiculous logic then shook her head, "We've got more important things to talk about," she sighed.

"So you admit to being stupid?" Ace grinned as he hopped to her side and had his fists rolled at the side of his face.

She puffed her cheeks and sent a glare at him, "Yeah, yeah."

He grinned and snickered to himself as she mumbled inaudible profanities to herself. The two left the room together for breakfast as Ace teased and made fun of Irin on their way to the main deck where everyone gathered.

They sat together as how they usually would unlike the past day and had their usual breakfast. Ace with a meat filled sandwich and five plates of ghost pepper spaghetti. Irin with an egg sandwich and six plates of umeboshi onigiri. The two had quite the large breakfast due to their rather big appetite. However, they still do not stand a chance against a certain rubber boy.

Instead of their usual playful conversations and banters, Ace and Irin held a secret discussion with each other, much like kids who have just found a secret hideout in a school and are planning to hide there during classes.

Marco, Thatch and Izou stared at them with confusion as they watched the two sit closely with each other and whisper not-so discreetly. The three men had no idea what the two were scheming nor did the rest of the Whitebeard Pirates but they just left them to their own devices because in their eyes, both Ace and Irin were like adult sized kids.