Now you see it, Now you thief it.

The prince was dressed like a traveling minstrel. Just before he left, the high bishop of Lithrue stood close to the young prince and told him in a whisper, "All three of her ladyship's names were flowers. Don't forget that!!"

The prince rode the whole way to Etres, stopping at Inns along his way to eat and play his lute. After two weeks, he arrived at Etres, where the people gladly received him. And here, he was introduced to four young women, all named after flowers.

The prince, beholden with frustration, took a walk around the village. On his way, he saw a young man stealing a silver cuff from the local blacksmith. Before him, he could see the young man engaging in pleasant conversation with the blacksmith, all the while disengaging the metallic clasp on the cuff. The young man bowed his head to the older man and walked away. The blacksmith returned to his work, not noticing the lack of silver on his arm. The prince walked towards the young thief. Presently, the young thief was checking his reflection in a small pond.

"Not a wise thing to do," said the prince, in a lowered tone.

The thief spun around, contrite. He stood there, guiltily for a few moments. "What?"

The prince stared him down for a few moments, now that he was closer, he could see that the young man couldn't be more than thirteen years. Finally, the young man said, "I know. But my mam does not have enough to give my little sister. My da' died years ago, and my mam doesn't have enough to make steady business"

The prince felt a sudden rush of empathy for this young man, his own father had died when he was young. The prince held his hand out, and the young thief dropped the cuff into it, albeit reluctantly. The prince studied him for a few moments, then said, "What if I gave you a job? I would pay well."

The young man looked up hopefully, "What would you want me to do?"

The prince held up a small blue box with delicate gold filigree, "I would ask you to steal this."

A.N

These chapters might be a bit short, sorry. How do you guys like it so far? If you have anything you think I should fix you can tell me. I won't be offended. Thank you for reading this!
               -Adamae