"Yes."

"I don't want to know them that well, or have them know us that well either." She stated with conviction. "I want to make love to you and know its just the two of us, no one else."

"You did say they'll feel the same amount of pain they put us through for the same amount of years." He reminded her.

"Only after the birth of her child, then we'll have ten years of knowing we have no privacy."

"We won't have any privacy if the situation continues." He reminded her.

She shifted her head so that she could look back at him. "So you want to break the bonds."

"Yes."

"Even the one we have will be broken." He heard the reluctance in her voice.

"Then we get to reforge it." He gave her a knowing smile at that, which caused a deep blush to stain her cheeks. "I'm sure we'll be in the dragon city long enough to seal our mating. Remember if this is true, we can only break the bonds before our mating is finalized. After that, the four of us will be stuck until your sister wakes up to reason. Somehow I doubt she's the kind to do that anytime soon, if at all."

The pain that flashed through her eyes was heartbreaking, but Andre needed her to see reason."

"I know." She admitted as she turned away from him. "And since it's my grandmother who's going to be doing the severing, I have no doubt it's all true."

"Yeah, between you and me, your grandmother is the scariest being I've ever met. Let's not invite her to our home all that much."

His mate giggled at that. "I vote for not inviting her at all. She'd be playing puppet master with our kids."

He smiled as his heart became full at that. The idea of them having a child, of her round with his pup inside her. "Child." He corrected her.

"What?" She asked as she looked back up at him.

"We'll only have one child." He explained. "The royal family always has a single heir, that way there's no chance of a succession war breaking out."

She frowned at that. "So we'll be required to only have one child?" She pouted.

"No," he emphasized. "We won't be able to have more than one child unless the first one dies. It's part of the magic that lives in our blood, it won't even allow us to adopt a child."

"Oh." She seemed deflated.

"It's not just our kind, it's all the royal lines. Except for the humans of course."

"It makes sense I guess." She agreed.

He leaned down and gave her a quick hard kiss. She quickly melted, her response eager as she submitted to his mastery. Andre had, in the past, gotten tired of his bedmates quite easily. His mate though was something else. Where the others had seemed to get a bit jaded after a while, his mate still seemed innocent, untouched despite all he knew he'd done to her.

"Andre..." she moaned in complaint once he'd stopped.

"After we've broken the bonds." He promised then proceeded to pinch her nipple. "Just warming your body up astéri mou." He stated, enjoying her ready response to him. 

***

His wolf was close to the surface, its eyes looking out into the world even though they kept their human form. Power thrummed in his veins, burning a need to be unleashed. He held himself stiff, holding on to the edge of control.