My eyebrow arches in surprised. I shake my head at her comment and ignore her. I grab the paper on the table and the keys and head out the door. Zillah chases after me. “Where are you going?” I could hear her question behind me. I continue to ignore her until I’m trying to unlock the door of the car Zillah stole last night from God knows who. In the process of opening the door Zillah is slamming it back shut. That’s it. I turn around and push her away from me. “Stay the hell away from me.”

“You’re not going anywhere.” Zillah snarls grabbing my shoulder pinning me against the car door. I growl underneath my breath and my fist connects with her nose. Zillah stumbles at the unexpected impact and blood begins to gush from her nose. My eyes widen and I cover my mouth in shock. “Oh My God. Zillah.” I drop the keys and rush to her. She groans and snatches away from me.

“What the fuck.” Zillah hisses tilting her head back. I grab her again but she refuses my touch.

“Zillah.” I scowl in frustration. Blood was everywhere. I drag her back into the motel room and grab a wet towel and connect it with her nose. She hiss in pain and the room becomes silent and uncomfortable again. After all the blood is cleaned up I look up to see Zillah staring at me. I bite my lower lip and notice how close we are. I try to step away but she grabs my hips and pull me closer. “I’m so sorry.” She breaks and bury her face in my chest and begins to cry. I drop the bloody rag and run my hands through her hair as I try to soothe her. “I didn’t know he was going to take you.” She mumbles against my shirt. I barely catch it. Everything becomes silent again and I continue to run my fingers through her hair as she begin to calm down. After a few heavy heartbeats she ask. “How could she lie to me after all this time?” She pulls back and look up at me her glossy orbs staring into my soul seeking answers I didn’t have. I frown at my behavior. I didn’t think about how Zillah could be feeling in this moment. Her best friend had betrayed her. Of course her first thought is to lash out. I should have known this.

“Sometimes people do unforgivable things when they love someone.”

Zillah bites her lower lip and sighs. It was crazy at how much she and her other side was alike. I didn’t understand how they could deny that they are one and that they needed each other. Her other side was impulsive, lustful, dark, powerful, and full of rage but the Zillah below me was calm, stoic, hurt and scared of losing control even though she didn’t want to admit it, but they both was possessive, jealous, protective, loving, and broken. They just needed someone there for them.

I try to pull away but Zillah squeezes my hip tighter and I know she doesn’t want me to move. “I can’t stand here forever Zillah.”

Zillah hands slides away and I tilt her head back looking at her nose. “You got me good.” She jokes but I still feel bad. “It’s okay Astra.” She stands towering over me. Her height was so sexy sometimes. “I deserved it.”

“You never deserve to be hurt Zillah.” I say.

Zillah moves a strand of hair from my face and her eyes zero in to the marks all over my neck. I knew they was there. The both of them had a thing when it came to claiming me as theirs. She scowls but doesn’t say anything. “I’m---sorry for what I said earlier about you and my other side.”

I nod my head and then we both head to the car together but this time she gets into the driver seat. “Where are we going?” She questions. I give her the piece of paper and explain to her everything that I told her other side last night. We head to the address and the car is silent but it’s comfortable. About an hour later we pull up to the high gates. I gulp. We about to drive into the Soulless territory. I prepare myself because I have never been on the other side before. Zillah turns off the car and say, “Follow me.”