24

"What'd you say?" I asked, I knew what he said I just needed him to repeat it.

He laughed, "Your so funny lady y/n! I like you, as in I would like to be more than your friend."

It's not that I didn't develop something for him, you did. You liked Douma, his personality even though it was faked, you loved it.

However, you didn't want to acknowledge your feelings for him.

You scoffed, "Your joking right? Lord Douma, we had sex a couple of times and I spent a few nights at your house. That doesn't equate to much."

His eyes widened, the smile on his face quickly turned into a worried look, "Yea, but I was thinking that maybe we could spend more time with each other-"

"But nothing, you're getting way too sensitive upper moon two. You'll be replaced with that kind of nonsense coming out of your mouth."

You'd never felt more terrible, not only was your rejection rude. It was a lie.

He tried to speak, but nothing would come out. He chuckled laughed and looked away.

"Yea that's fine as well." He said. He looked back up to you, you could see the last bit of hope in his eyes, "Will you still live with me for eternity?" He asked.

"I'd like that Lord Douma, but please never waste your time for human-like things such as love. We all have jobs to do and ours is strictly to get stronger."

Hurting Douma never felt so bad. You knew falling in love or even having a small interest in him would only bring you bad luck.

Douma sighed, "I think it's about time I get going, don't you think?" He gave you a hurt expression.

"Uhh, yeah I'll see you when I see you." You tried my best to smile, but you knew you looked stupid.

He quickly appeared next to your right shoulder, and whispered, "Goodnight darling."

"Goodnight Lord Douma."

He chuckled in your ear, "I don't think I'll ever be able to get your voice out of my head."

Before you could turn to face him he had already gone, you were left there in the dojo alone.

Or so you thought.

"That's idiotic of him."

You turned to see him standing right there.

"You know, he's petty but I didn't think he was this petty." Akaza widened his eyes.

He started laughing, while you stood there confused, "You know, I might be making this deeper than it is but I think you broke his heart."

You scoffed, "I didn't do shit, it was pure honesty."

Akaza shrugged, "There's a line between honesty and being an asshole." He pointed to you, "and you sweetheart are just a plain asshole."

"So what? As if you aren't a pain in the ass every day." You rebutted.

"Good point, let's go massacre another village and attract demon slayers some time. I now actually have to go, do cool upper moon demon stuff." He said tensely, you could tell he was somewhat pissed but why?

"You know if your upset just be honest. Although I'm not sure why-"

In a blink of an eye, he was gone.

"Wow. Ok then."

"You know I'm kinda upset we didn't get caught this time, but I'm happy I got you before you killed that mom and her kids. There was no dad in that family." Akaza chuckled, holding you tighter so you wouldn't leave his hold.

You had gone out for another 'massacre' and this time you'd fully went all out. Akaza went to observe how you did it, it wasn't a sob show like last time. A little more gore and fewer tears.

Well, besides the ones that would be shed the morning after.

He had seen how feral you'd gone, and by your twenty third house, you were beginning to not even think about just the men. Before you could sneak a taste on a single mom he grabbed you and ran into the near forest.

Here you were, his back rested behind some huge tree, you rested my back on his chest. His way of 'calming' you was holding you tightly until your urge to eat went away.

You started to pant, getting tired instead of hungry. You laid your head in the crook of his neck.

"That's it, now your calm. How about when we go back to the dojo you and I just- well, we can't sleep because we're demons and stuff but we can try." He chuckled.

"Akaza... shut up." You blurted.

"Ok ok have it your way."

His hands were still around my waist, you felt him pulling you in, if he even could at this point.

The silence was getting weird, you didn't want to focus on his grip. His constant babbling wasn't too annoying when you were put in this situation.

"You can continue talking."

"I know it's awkward the way I still have you in my arms."

You scorned, "Yea it is, so talk."

"Talk about what?" He asked.

"Anything, whatever you can to keep this from getting more awkward."

"Well, whenever I'm not with you I'm usually off toying around with other demons. Don't tell Muzan he'll get mad."

You laughed, it was amusing to hear Akaza of all people could be childish at times.

He sighed, "I think that's all I got, so can you come and kiss me already? I've been kinda waiting for one since I saved you after all."

He released you out of his hold you turned to see him grinning.

You grinned back at him, "I thought you'd never ask."