20

Why did I feel this way?

Why did I want to care for them?

"If I care for them it'll be over for me," You muttered.

And what are the chances that they felt the same way?

You walked along a river, the breeze felt nice on your skin. It'd be close to morning soon, the calming walk along the riverside would soon end.

You quickly ran as fast as you could. The scent of Akaza's dojo was getting clearer. It was out of good luck that you made it back just before the sun crept up.

You sighed in relief, walking inside.

Walking inside it felt empty as usual. The dojo was abandoned and the only items in it were broken and contaminated, used by whoever Akaza killed for this place.

Wait, where's Akaza?

You turned around to look outside, the morning sun shined extremely bright today. So bright that you cried out in pain, feeling the rays slightly sting at you. You hoped one day that Muzan's dream would come true so the sun would just leave you the hell alone.

You turned back and went inside the infamous room. Where Akaza blew your back out in several ways.

The jokes came to an end when you felt a dark presence behind you.

It wasn't Akaza, too dark for his presence. Nor was it Douma's. Or Muzan's. Even though Muzan was intimidating, this presence terrified you in its own way.

"I've never encountered a lower moon as weak as you." His voice sounded disgusted. Like you've betrayed him.

"And who are you?" You asked confidently.

"Upper Moon 1, you?" He asked.

Your body went still.

He cackled, "That got you to shut up. Is the title that appalling?"

"Well, of course, I've heard a gramps like you haven't been killed in centuries, unlike most twelve kizuki."

You felt him grab your arm tightly, "Is this a joke to you? I know what you've been doing with those two morons."

"Stalker much?" You laughed.

He gripped your arms as tight as he could, pulling you into his chest. You quickly glanced up at him and felt more terrified than when he showed up. Six eyes and he looked somewhat alike to the checkered haori boy.

You quickly looked back down, you started breathing more recklessly. You didn't mean to show how afraid you really were but his presence was eerie, and you wanted to do anything to escape his grasp.

"Sometimes Douma has no shame in certain things, Akaza however knows when to turn off Muzan. Or at least what Muzan sees. But it's easy to tell. However, instead of doing nothing, I've decided to take matters into my own hands." He explained.

"You gonna kidnap me?" You asked, still teasing him.

You're not sure what pulled you into pissing him off more, but you wanted him to know you weren't intimidated.

"Perhaps, if it gets to that point. I know how you were before the both of them got in your way. And trust me you'd be an upper moon by now if you got proper training."

You grinned, "Are you offering something? I think I'd be too enticing for you to handle."

"If this wasn't going to benefit me I wouldn't be here, trust me when I say, you disgust me." His grip loosened.

"Well I think I won't need your help, Akaza is working just fine for me," You responded.

"That's what you think, soon as you know it his rank will be taken away because of his desire to defile you."

"Well then if that's what you believe..." you moved your head up to meet his eyes, "then you can fuck off."

His eyes widened, it was unusual to see six widen instead of two but you knew you hit a deep part of whatever ego was built up in him.

"Brat."

He disappeared. You immediately stumbled, his grip on you disappeared as well.

Your only questions now were how he could even leave when the sun was out. The secrets of the upper moons were intriguing. Some part of you inside wanted to agree with him.

You knew you had fallen for the uppermoons, whether they felt the same or not didn't matter. Upper moon one, asshole or not was right.

You need to get stronger.