"Tony. You chose to do that. If we sign these, we surrender our right to choose. What if this panel sends us somewhere we don't think we should go? What if there's somewhere we need to go, and they don't let us? We may not be perfect, but the safest hands are still our own."

"If we don't do this now, it's gonna be done to us later. That's a fact. That won't be pretty."

"You're saying they'll come for me..." Wanda whispered.

"And me," Y/N said.

"We would protect you," Vision promised, looking at Wanda."Both of you."

Y/N looked to Tony, trying to see where he was going with all this. But nothing. He just refused to meet her eyes.

"Maybe Tony's right," Nat suggested. Tony looked at her, shocked. "If we have one hand on the wheel we can still steer. If we take it off-"

"Aren't you the same woman who told the government to kiss her ass a few years ago?" Sam cut her off.

"I'm just raiding the terrain. We've made some very public mistakes, we need to win their trust back."

"Focus up. I'm sorry," Tony interrupted, the hint of surprise in his voice, "Did I just miss hear you or did you just say that you agree with me?"

"Oh, I want to take it back-" Nat quickly shook her head.

"No no no," Tony said, as he shook his finger. "You can't retracted it."

Sitting close to him, Y/N could hear Steve's phone buzz. She watched as he pulled it out to check it and immediately grow sad.

"I have to go," Steve stated.

He got up quickly, dropped the Accords on the coffee table, and slipped into the stairwell. Concerned, Y/N stood up and followed. She found him a couple of flights down, leaning against the banister with his head hung low.

"Hey," she gently said, coming up to him. "What's going on?"

When he lifted his head, his eyes were glassy. "She's gone," he struggled to say. "Peggy's gone."

"Oh, Steve." Y/N quickly pulled him into her, tears forming in her own eyes as well.

"She's gone."

~~~

Tony found Y/N in their room later that day. He wanted to talk to her about the Accords. He had no clue where she stood. When he entered, he noticed she was packing.

"Are we going somewhere?" He asked.

"Peggy's dead.... She's gone."

"Oh, sweetheart." Tony came over, allowing Y/N to fall into his arms. "I'm so sorry."

"She was just one of the few I had left from then."

"When's the funeral?"

"In three days, in London."

They stood in silence for a moment. "The Accords are being signed in Vienna that day."

Y/N pulled her head away slightly, brows furrowed. "I tell you that my close friend just died, and you are worried about the Accords?"

"That's not what I meant-"

Y/N pulled away fully, going back to packing. "I can't believe you."

"What? I just stated a fact. And you're going to go sign them, right? Red's going so you can just go with her."

"Stop, Tony, just stop."

"It's a question. Are you going to sign them?"

Y/N let out a frustrated sigh. "I don't know."