Chapter 47: Healing up wounds.

Start from the beginning

Back to the Present.

Chiara owed Lupin for those times before she attended Hogwarts. Before that... Chiara was terrified of Hogwarts, and she spent a solid amount of time living in isolation and loneliness. Especially after her 2nd year, when Penny was traumatized by Werewolves after Greyback killed Penny's Muggle friend. Chiara couldn't risk Penny knowing that Chiara was a werewolf. They shared the same dorm after all. And when Ethan learned that Chiara was a werewolf, he helped her out. That's what he did. It didn't change a thing. When Chiara finally talked to Penny about it, she understood that Chiara wasn't anything like Greyback. And Chiara was still Penny's best friend. 

Over the years, Chiara developed a desire to help people. She found it in the arts of healing. And it was her desire to go to St. Mungo's and heal. And thanks to Dumbledore, that's where she was headed.

Ethan was waiting by the Fireplace at Hogwarts with Penny. "You ready, Penny?" Ethan asked.

"We're going to St. Mungo's. That's pretty awesome. I'll get to learn about more Potions." Penny answered.

"I'm happy. And it looks like Chiara will get to live out her dream as well." Ethan replied.

"Chiara deserves it. She's my best friend. And she's suffered and fought for so long." Penny pointed out.

"Here I come. Here I come!" Chiara yelled running up.

"Alright, Chiara. Calm down." Ethan said. 

"Wait up!" Jae yelled.

"Jae. Shouldn't you be in detention?" Penny asked.

"Yeah... about that. See, Dumbledore pulled me from that and said that perhaps it's time I rethink my ways. So he's giving me an assignment in St. Mungo's hoping that will inspire me to rehabilitate myself." Jae explained.

"Huh. I bet it'll feel weird for Pitts not to have you around." Penny commented.

"He's still got Fred and George Weasley." Jae pointed out as he ducked past a Fanged Frisbee that missed Jae and whacked Mr. Filch in the head. 

"Weasleys!" Filch yelled chasing them.

"Well shall we get going?" Jae asked.

"Is it just us that are going?" Penny asked.

"Well there's Talbott that's joining us. But he left earlier this morning. The early bird gets the worm you know." Jae answered.

"Yeah... that's Talbott." Ethan admitted. He got out the Floo Powder.

"Um, Ethan? Can I do it?" Chiara asked.

"Go ahead." Ethan answered handing the Floo Powder to Chiara. 

"ST. MUNGO'S HOSPITAL!" Chiara  yelled out.

About a batch of Green Fire later and the halls of St. Mungo's were open to the group. In that instance, they all came tumbling out.

"Look at this place! It's huge." Ethan said

"I agree! St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries is quite impressive." Chiara commented. But she was really fan Girling.

"Did you see the Dittany leaves on the wall?" Penny asked. 

"And?" Ethan asked.

"Dittany is used in all kinds of potions!" Penny answered. 

"Oh yeah." Ethan replied.

"Only other reason to be here would be if we were sick, so I suppose this is better." Jae said.