Provisions and Confessions

Summary:

On a drab and dreary day, the 2-A heroics course (+Izuku) gains their Provisional Licenses, and Izuku finally musters the will to tell his adoptive father the truth he's been hiding for nearly half a decade.

<--->

It was a drab, rainy day that couldn't get any bleaker for Izuku. He wasn't ready, hadn't even thought that he'd need to be ready for laid ahead. Given only a few months to prepare for such a test hadn't been the easiest.

"Okay everyone, thank you for your hard work in today's exam. Before I announce the results, I should probably explain the way you were evaluated. Between HUG and those of us within the Hero Public Safety Commission, we had a twofold demerit system that we used to determine your total score-" A loud thunderous boom could be heard from the distance. It had rained heavily throughout the entirety of the exam.

"In other words, we were evaluating you based on how few mistakes you made in a crisis situation. Anyway, the names of those who passed are listed in alphabetical order. Keep my words in mind as you search the board for your name. ~ *sigh" The frizzy blonde-haired man explained as he gestured to the board behind him.

The board was soon showing the names of roughly 50 future heroes. Izuku own mind raced as he looked over the board. 'Midoriya, Midoriya, Midoriya...' He read along the board, trying to find his name.

And then as he came halfway down the list he spotted it, his name there near the center of the board. He was a hero hopeful, he'd done it... A small smile grew across his face as the words of BT filled his mind. "Well done Pilot, you had an 87% chance of success by my calculations. Though it is inadvisable that you continue to be so reckless during rescue."

"Your point deductions are itemized on your report forms that you will receive. I advise that you look them over and take careful consideration of your weak points." Another sigh could be heard from the man as his head slumped lower towards his podium.

"Anyway, moving forward those of you who passed can exercise the same authority as pro heroes but only during emergency situations. In other words, fighting villains, saving the public, you may act using your best judgment with no direct orders. Keep in mind that every action from here on carries deep responsibility towards bettering our society and that the world is watching you." Izuku just nodded as the blonde finally walked off the podium area and into the nearby building.

He'd done it, he'd become a provisionally licensed hero. But before the boy could even accept that as fact, he'd been tackled to the ground by a certain bluenette. "Hey Midoriy! I can't believe it we all got our provisional licenses, and we can be real hero's now. Aren't you so excited!" The bubbly girl beamed as she helped pull the poor greenette off the muddy ground.

"Yea~" Izuku responded, at a loose for words as Hado just beamed from ear to ear.

"That's right, we can actually do hero work and I can save 1 million people!" Toogata proudly beamed as he walked over to the two. Amajiki soon followed as well offering his friends a small smile of congratulations.

Hado would continue to bounce on the balls of her feet as she and Izuku conversed about how tough the villain looking hero had been. Izuku agreed with her, Gang Orca was certainly rather scary.

"What did you score Midoriya?" Mirio asked, looking over the boy's shoulder as he read through the report that was handed to him as he entered the building. Izuku looked up at the blonde that stood somewhat to the right of his shoulder.