{16} Knock Knock Knock

Mentions of drug abuse:

{8:00am}
{Ophelias POV}

Its been a couple days since George proposed to me, since i heard the clicks on the balcony. I've been more vigilant, jumping at any sudden sound, promoting George to worry about me. Are you okay, Lia? Yes, sorry. Followed by concern knitted in his brow. I've decided not to tell George about what i thought id heard out of fear of worrying him more.

Besides, what if I'm wrong? What if that shutter wasn't in fact a shutter at all.

Merely a figment of my imagination.

Merely a branch falling.

Merely a exceptionally heavy squirrel.

So over the course of the last couple days I've resorted to doing as much with myself as possible. Whether that be cooking, cleaning, forcing George to teach me guitar. Which so far has become quite useless. Just a half hour of George calmly instructing where to put my fingers on the fret board and me getting frustrated and accusing him of things that aren't even his fault.

"My fingers aren't that long! Look at your fingers! They're like a foot long each! What the fuck, George?!"

Meditation isn't doing jack shit anymore either. The only place i could do it was on the balcony, but now i can barely go outside without feeling spikes up my spine. And i bet you can imagine its very difficult to meditate with one eye open scanning the tree line every two seconds.

Its a sunny day and i woke up extra early this morning for school, getting ready before George i decide to be the one to make us breakfast this morning. I fry bacon in a pan and set it aside wrapped in paper towel. Then i crack four eggs in a pan and scramble them nice, adding green onion, salt and pepper and a dash of Tabasco on top. I put butter and jam on two slices of toast and plate it all. Fetching orange juice from the fridge i turn around and see my fiancé walking in with a sleepy smile on his face.

"Good morning!" I say, posing with the bottle of orange juice in hand.

"Morning, baby girl." He smiles. "You're up early this morning."

"Yeah, and i thought I'd take the duty of breakfast off your hands." I say, walking towards him and placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Uh-uh." He mutters as i turn away, he gently grasps my arm and pulls me back to him. He leans down to give me a proper kiss. I chuckle into his soft lips as he wraps his strong arms around my waist and i feel giddy inside. He moans as he pulls away. "Much better." He smiles. Squeezing my ass as he lets me turn around this time. I return to the island and pour each of us a glass of orange juice.

"Got anything planned today?" I ask him, eyes focused on not spilling the beverage.

"I'm gonna go see my producer this afternoon. See if i can put out another album." This causes me to gasp and look up at him, mouth agape.

"No way! Oh, George thats amazing I'm so proud of you." I exclaim.

"Thank you, darling." He laughs. I put the bottle of juice away and sit down with George at the island. "I don't know what to call it though." He says, taking a sip of his orange juice.

"Isn't it a bit to early to name it anyways? I mean, most of your songs dont even have titles yet." I say, recalling when i listened to him sing his demos.

"I guess you're right. But its always good to start with something, y'know. That way you can have a certain energy to go off of with said title." He explains.

"Hmm." I hum. Thinking of ideas. George quietly looks at me expectingly.

"Heorge Garrison?" I suggest. He nearly chokes on his drink with laughter and i laugh with him. "What? Its fun!" I say mock offended when i hear almost deafening, pounding knocks on the front door. Three to be exact. George and I's heads whip in that direction before a voice calls out for him.