Chapter 1

In the not-so-distant future, in a city called Kovian Haven, people live in a walled city that keeps them from entering the outside world, people are tagged with tattoos that listed their illnesses instead of giving them cards.

Barcodes are optional tho, they are more for identification and upper-class medical patients.

The Institute Of Jove was created to provide medical assistance to those less fortunate and unable to pay their medical bills fully.

Sadly, the facility mistreats their patients and no one ever leaves due to lack of medical support. One woman named Gena-X changed all of that and started a revolution that rocked an entire city.

She was called Gena-X because she was immune to Illness, became a rebel, and an icon to those who had no hope and freed the minds of the patients of Jove.

This is her story...

24 Hours Ago

The Insitute Of Jove was a large building at the center of the city, inside the build, the patients were having their lunch and were gathered in a massive mess hall that almost looked like a prison.

One patient looked around nervously and saw a few guards posted at the exits.

"I'm gonna make a break for it." He said softly.

"You're insane. You won't make it ten feet." One woman said softly that was sitting next to the man.

The man got up and slowly walked over to the chow line as if he was going to get more food, but then he threw his tray at a guard and pushed past him.

Another guard looked at the man and took out her pistol and shot him in the back.

The man fell to the ground.

Another guard ran over to the man.

"He's not dead, he's just asleep." The female guard said.

The other patients continued their meals.

"If any of you try escaping like that again...you'll stay in your rooms during dinner." The male guard said.

"They're not prisoners, man." One young male guard said.

"They're sick and we don't need them running around outside." The older male guard said with a sharp tone in his voice.

After lunch was done, a doctor escorted a new patient into the institute and the other patients looked watched.

Inside a nice room, the patients were sitting in chairs in a circle and the doctor helped the new patient sit down.

"Everyone, this is our newest patient...Gena." The female doctor said.

The young girl sat there nervously as she scanned the room with her eyes.

"Would you like to tell us about yourself?" The doctor asked the girl.

The young girl pushed some of her hair behind her ears and cleared her throat.

"Hi. I'm Gena. I've been to meetings before, but not for being ill. I don't even know why I'm here, to be honest." She said quietly.

"You don't have to be shy, Gena, no one will judge you here." The female doctor said.

"I've heard those words before, doc. I'm just here because no one wants me to get them sick and no one wants to cure me." Gena said.

"That's not true. We want to cure you, Gena." The doctor said.

"You have a barcode on your left eye...you come from a rich family?" One male patient asked.