𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈𝐈𝐈

ANGELIQUE LE

Jim lay encased in some kind of clear green resin, like a bug encased in amber, trapped for an eternity. I briefly brushed my fingers over the smooth surface.

Toby was slightly shaking, "Jim... What happened to him?"

Blinky replied, "We were ambushed. Some ancient, dark warrior. An unstoppable knight clad in green... who struck down Master Jim." I took a closer look and saw one of the very same shards the man who was surrounded by shadow mephits unleashed on us, embedded into Jim's trollhunter amulet on his chest. I turned to Merlin, "Perhaps it was the knight that attacked us at the bookstore. Was it?"

"One and the same." was all Merlin said, "That onyx shard is working it's way toward his heart. I placed the boy in stasis, stalling it's progress..for now." There was a sorrowful tone in Merlin's voice, one I never thought I would hear from him.

"If I had my shadow staff I could've saved him." Claire said, I was going to reassure her but I figured that wouldn't make the situation any better.

"Who is this Green Knight?" Toby said angrily, "How do I get my hands on him?"

"I do not know." Merlin gripped his staff tighter, "The green knight said one name and which chilled me to the bone. Morgana."

"Oh I hate that lady! Wait, I thought we kicked her bee witch butt to the Shadow Realm." Toby said.

"Which he appeared not to know, but he bore the emblem of Camelot."

Merlin turned around and we followed him onto a bridge outside, "Come with me, quickly. I fear the answer lies in the past. A dark menace is coming, one even I cannot face alone."

"I wish he would be more specific." I grumbled. Douxie rolled his eyes but smiled. Finally we reached our destination, a room with bookshelves lining the walls and there was a huge vault in the corner, we surrounded the table as Merlin took out some kind of small case. He opened it and a translucent blue ball with lines on it, the lines were like those of a ruler some shorter the others longer except I had a feeling it measured time instead. 

Merlin began, "You are all now soldiers in a war started centuries ago for the world of magic. " Merlin swiped the ball to the left and showed a picture of each of the events he was talking of, "Once, the realms of Magic and Man clashed in endless bloodshed. King Arthur sought to wipe out magic that ravaged the lands in his war against Gunmar. I brought what few spellcasters I could under my protection to spare them from the sword..."

"Including myself." Douxie added, "Oh, and Morgana le Fay."

I didn't know how I felt about Morgana having my last name as her middle.

"She was the finest student I ever taught..." Then that same mask of sorrow covered Merlin's face again, "Until she tried to kill me."

"Thankfully, in my all-seeing wisdom, I created a secret weapon- the Trollhunter Amulet. The war came to a standstill and I imprisoned Morgana at the Battle of Killahead Bridge." Merlin continued, "This green knight that assailed us was clearly born of dark magicks. But I have no memory of him nor what connection he could have to Morgana. We know not what he is nor why he pursues us. Though his presence is a dire omen of things to come."

Just as he finished the alarm bell rang. There some kind of impact that sent everyone to the floor with a thud. "Whats happening?" Claire said helping me up.

"Have you never been under attack before?" Merlin grabbed his staff, "To the battlements!"

As we ran to the top of the tower I felt nauseous as the tower kept teetering over to one side and then the other, oh how I hate being on flying things. Douxie and Merlin were already there looking to see the danger was. A hideous glowing skull showed first then I saw the whole thing, another flying castle, great, and two more hideous people standing on it. "Oh, fuzz buckets." Douxie cursed.