𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈

A/N — Halo guys! Since this book is supposed to be about Wizards TOA I'm doing a time skip till spellbound the first episode of wizards, the only reason I started in Night Patroll was for the characters to meet each other, but there will be a recap so no worries!

ANGELIQUE LE

Turns out I had not joined Ash dispersal pattern or Mama skulls, I only came to watch Claire declare about the Eternal Night War, and admittedly, also to see Douxie perform. (A/N — Angelique/me has already been with the Trollhunters from the start I'm just to lazy to write about it.)

Gunmar was defeated and now life was back to normal, well kind of. Douxie proved to be a great friend though his recklessness was a lasting impression. I didn't see any reason to keep an eye on him anymore.

I was reading a book, waiting for Douxie to finish sweeping the floor. He muttered something under his breath that I couldn't quite catch. (A/N — This was the part where he considers using magic but then repeats Merlin's words, "Magic is not a permissible shortcut to hard work." and decides against it.)

"What did you say?" I asked. 

"Oh, nothing," Douxie said in a voice that implied there was something. "I'm done lets go." 

I didn't press the matter and snapped my book shut. Archie, Douxie's sleek black cat, padded over to me. I smiled and let the feline onto my shoulder.

Douxie raised an eyebrow as we headed out.  "He's been on your shoulder more lately than mine." 

"What can I say?" I said pretending to be nonchalant. "I'm irresistible." I scratched Archie behind the ear vigorously.

"Isn't that right Archiekins?" I cooed. The cat seemed taken aback by the sudden display of affection but allowed it. Douxie chuckled and as though it was infectious, I found myself laughing too.

I felt the pressure on my right shoulder increase a bit, then it was completely gone, indicating that Archie jumped off my shoulder. I whirled around just to see the cat race into a dark alleyway. 

"Archie!" Douxie yelled in exasperation. My friend groaned and raced after his pet cat into the alley.

What else could I do but follow? The alleyway looked a bit intimidating, but I was no stranger to them. I dashed after Douxie, cupping my hands around my mouth and calling his cat's name.

"Archie!" I called, " Archie? "

DOUXIE CASPERAN

I came to an abrupt stop. 

My familiar was on a garbage-can hissing at an umber imp. "Stay behind." I whispered to Angelique and she merely nodded, not questioning me just yet. Quickly before the creature could land on Archie I jumped in and used a rune on my bracelet entrapping it in a blue bubble. 

I laughed. "'Tis my cleanest capture yet!"

Angelique looked at the umber imp, "What in the bloody hell is that?"

She didn't seem surprised or scared, just intrigued. I guess that's what happens when evil trolls attack your home area. 

"An umber imp, I figured it was the reason for all those lost pets."

Archie snorted, "That is not an umber imp,  do you notice the three mandibles? How it's phasing in and out of existence? That's a shadow mephit. And you should know your monsterology after nine centuries!"