Chapter 4

-4-

It was not the best decision I made but it wasn't the worst either. I was chatting up with my colleagues, it was bearable. I don't like talking to my colleagues a lot but I guess it is not so bad either to communicate with people I work with 5 days a week.

I was talking to Ralph, he is the head of HR. He is one of the few people at Peters Inc. who I really admire. He is very kind and hard-working; somewhere in my mind I really want to be like him in the future.

He was telling me about his little 4-year-old son, Michael. I swear he is the cutest kid ever although a bit too smart for his age maybe.

I sometimes babysit him, I started doing it for extra cash but now, I've become quite fond of it. It is not easy but it is worth every minute. Believe me when I tell you that little kid knows his ways. He once was able to stick chewing gum on my main door's peephole! It took me a week to get rid of it and my landlord was especially very annoyed. But I still love that little chimp!

"And you know he then hit his head on the sofa and started crying pretending he hit the wall instead." I snorted as Ralph told me more about his son's antics.

Laura came in suddenly, shoving a Bloody Mary in my hand. I took it hesitantly. I am not bad with alcohol but I was already down two and I don't think the third was a good idea.

Oh, third is always a good idea. Three times is a charm.

"Drink up, buddy! We are celebrating today!" Laura's cheerfulness kinda rubbed off onto me. I didn't have to care about anything tonight. Tonight was meant for fun and tomorrow for a hangover.

I was slightly drunk but I was having fun. I saw Sia and Marie twerking it out while Gordon and Chris stopped dancing to enjoy the show. The music was loud, the atmosphere was cheery and the cocktails were phenomenal. It was the most fun I have had in a while, it was great. My colleagues didn't seem too bad at that moment either, it was interesting to watch them put off their professional façade and just have fun.

Suddenly, Sia came and sat beside me. I was too busy talking to Chris to notice.

"Hey, Amber. How are you doing?" I was caught off-guard.

"Sia, hey. I'm great. You say?" Sia never really talked to me, I wasn't sure what was happening.

"I know it was you who did such a great job on that autobiography. We must have a drink to celebrate you!" She smiled but it didn't look genuine. She handed me a glass of alcohol and I decided to accept it, what harm will one more drink do?

A lot. I said three was a charm, not four.

I was talking to her about random things but I don't remember any of it. She showed me something and asked my opinion on it, I don't remember that even. I was really drunk, tomorrow was not just meant for a hangover, it is going to be a killer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey!

I really thought I would be able to make it through this book without A/N but I guess that is just not possible for me.

I would like to thank everyone for reading this story and this note. Please do comment to let me know what you all think and maybe vote, if you like the story? c:

Thank you!

Lot's of Love!