Chapter 9 the ark of Taujeer

Narra Raya

After barely escaping from Zarkon, we all returned to the bridge, trying to find a logical explanation for how Zarkon was finding us so quickly and the spoiled princess had a strange answer to that.

"There's no use arguing further" She said "Zarkon is clearly tracking us through me"

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. Did she love being the center of attention? Why the hell was she the one he was chasing? Zarkon wants lions, not a princess, besides, as far as I know, she has never had a paranormal relationship with the Emperor of Galras, so obviously it was not her that he was tracking magically or psychically.

"What?" Lance said surprised

"Aww, nonsense" Hunk said

"That is not possible" Pidge added.

"Why would it be so hard to believe?" Allura asked "Zarkon's forces appeared on Arus only after I woke up"

"She has a point." Lance said, leaning forward and with a flirtatious smile "Although I personally, I would travel the galaxy to find you."

He never missed an opportunity to flirt with her even though the situation didn't need that attitude, although I must admit that seeing that it bothered the princess, it made me tolerate that.

"It's not you, Princess Allura. It's me" Keith said, making us look at him confused, why the hell would Zarkon be tracking him?

I looked at him curiously "ok, explain how that makes more sense redhead" I said, arching an eyebrow

"I think Zarkon must have marked me during our fight or something" He replied, although it seemed to be more of an excuse than an answer. Apparently, Allura isn't the only one desperate for attention.

"Look, the fact is, we don't know how Zarkon is tracking us. It could be through the Black Lion, "Pidge suggested "Every time Zarkon gets close to him, Shiro has to fight him for control"

"That's only when Zarkon is close" Coran pointed out, instantly denying the suggestion "No Paladin has been able to connect with a lion at a great distance"

"Look, it doesn't matter how he's tracking us because we'll soon take the fight to he" Shiro reminded "They've been chasing us from galaxy to galaxy. The last thing they expect is that we go after them. "

"The hunter becomes the hunted, huh? Awesome! That's the motto of six of my favorite movies" Lance said happily and I didn't want to know what the heck was a movie or I wouldn't make up that lost time of my life

Pidge walked over to her seat and began typing "Luckily, happened to take our list of recent Galra attacks and i analyzed it for similarities and anomalies between the attack sites" she explained as she continued writing on her screen, without realize that none of us were understanding his explanation

"I was hoping to create an algorithm that, within a statistically acceptable margin of error, will provide a list of target-rich Galra environments, color-coded, of course, because what are we, animals?"

Finally, when she finished her complicated explanation, the holographic map appeared around us, pointing to different coordinates

"Cool!" Lance said, before looking confusedly at Pidge "What's up again?"

"Is he a Galra seeker?" Hunk asked curiously

"Well, 'finder' suggests he located the Galra, while it would be more accurate to say that my model most predicts ..." Before Pidge created another long and boring conversation, I interrupted her before my head exploded