S1 Ep 3: "To Tell the TOOTH!"

Start from the beginning

A little while later, Baby Steven and Baby Amethyst were playing with a colorful bouncy ball, kicking it around the room, passing it back and forth, and rolling it across the floor. As they were doing that, Greg eventually came into the playroom as he brought a tray of small snacks for the Baby Gems to enjoy.

"Hey there, Schtu-ball." Greg smiled as he placed the tray on the kiddie table.

"Daddy!" Baby Steven exclaimed happily as he ran to his father and hugged his legs.

"I figured that some of you guys were getting hungry." Greg explained to him while patting his head. "So I brought up a couple snacks for you to have while you're playing."

"HEADS UP, LITTLE MAN!" Baby Amethyst shouted as the ball came bouncing towards them.

Luckily for Baby Amethyst, Greg was considered to be a great ball-catcher as he quickly caught the ball and chuckled to himself.

"Good toss, Amethyst!" Greg chuckled as he handed the ball back to her. "But... maybe work on your aim? Just a little bit?"

Baby Amethyst just sat there and stuck out her tongue at Greg then giggled. She eventually spotted the tray of snacks, including a couple bags of animal crackers, apple slices, carrot sticks and a bag of fish-shaped cheese flavored crackers.

"Ooh! Food! Gimme!" Baby Amethyst cheered as she started to grab a couple of the snacks and began to chow down on them.

Greg chuckled to himself upon seeing her acting pretty silly. The other Baby Gems, except for Baby Pearl, came to the table to get their hands on some of the remaining snacks before Baby Amethyst could gobble up everything.

"I'll be downstairs working on my new song if you need anything." Greg said as he took the empty tray with him and went back to the living room.

"Thanks, daddy." Baby Steven said as he began to nibble on a carrot stick.

After Greg went downstairs, the Baby Gems began eating their snacks. Toddler Garnet had some of the remaining apple slices, Baby Peridot and Baby Lapis shared the bags of animal crackers with each other and Baby Bismuth enjoyed some of the fish-shaped crackers while Baby Steven was enjoying some of the carrot sticks. But when he bit into one of them, he felt a sudden sharp pain in his mouth.

"OWW!" Baby Steven cried out, placing his hand over his mouth in pain.

Luckily, Baby Bismuth heard him feeling hurt, but when she was crawling her way up to him so she could provide some comfort. She suddenly looked at Baby Steven's carrot that he dropped on the floor and saw a small white object that was stuck in it.

"What's that thing?" Baby Bismuth asked herself with complete curiosity while she picked up the carrot for a closer look.

"Pain, pain, go away." Baby Pearl chanted in a soft voice as she was comforting Baby Steven by patting his back with a worried look on her face.

"Wait..." Baby Steven paused as he turned his attention to Baby Bismuth and his carrot stick. "Bismuth? Can I see that carrot for a sec?"

"Oh! Sure, Steven." Baby Bismuth replied as she handed him the carrot stick.

When Baby Steven looked closely at it, he found that one of his baby teeth was stuck in it! But did he get scared and begin crying? HECK no! Why... he had the complete OPPOSITE reaction as he was very excited about it!

"Oh my gosh!" Baby Steven gasped as he grew a big smile on his face. "I lost another tooth!"

However, the Baby Gems had absolutely no idea. Since they, along with the other Gems they knew back on Homeworld and in the Kindergarten, can't exactly lose teeth like human children do around a very young age. Understandably, they had a lot of questions spinning around in their minds that they needed answers to.