"Enough!" Xavier orders in a deadly calm tone causing the both of us to freeze immediately.

"It's both of your faults," he concludes.

"Mine?" Jack and I ask simultaneously in outrage. Then turning to face each other in a heartbeat be add pointing an accusing finger at one and another, "yeah, you!"

"Astoria apologize to Jack for stomping his foot," Xavier demands in a strict tone causing a look of smugness to shadow Jack's face and a look of disbelieve to pastes itself on mine.

"And Jack apologizes to her, for pulling her hair," he adds.

"What I did was an accident, but what he did on the other hand was on purpose," I point out.

"Doesn't matter," Xavier dismisses, "now apologize," he adds firmly.

But even though we are scared shitless neither of us lets a peep leave our lips. Sighing once again, Xavier visibly appears to be slowly starting to lose control of his calm façade.

"I'll apologize on one condition," I negotiate, glancing at his watch from my peripheral vision and wanting to get out of here as soon as I can without letting Jack win.

"Of course, and what is this condition?" He asks, in an impassive tone.

"No more dance classes and no birthday ball," I reply and by the almost inconspicuous shift in Jack's posture, I can tell he's more than okay with my condition.

"Those are two conditions," he remarks.

"Fine no birthday ball... so if there's no birthday ball, there's no need for those stupid dance classes," I say with my arms crossed across my chest.

"And if I say yes, the two of you will stop fighting?" He asks, eyeing the two of us with a suspicious gaze.

"I will, about him, I can't say," I reply while Jack remains silent.

"Fine," he agrees then looks at me expectantly while I swallow my pride and try to formula my apology to Jack.

"Sorry," I mumble meekly, then look at him with the same expectant look.

"What? I never said I would apologize too," he retorts rolling his eyes now getting on Xavier's last nerve.

"Jack," Xavier says in a warning tone which intern earn a grunt of an apology from Jack followed by him storming out of the room the first chance he got, giving me the perfect opportunity to seek the answers to the questions that have been haunting me since the day of the incident.

"What is it, Astoria?" He asks pulling me out of my thoughts as he makes his way to his chair.

Just as I'm about to voice my question, the door opens without warning and dad walks in, his eyes focused on his phone screen that in his hand to even notice me. "Xavier, have you checked on the—" he cuts himself off when his gaze locks with mine.

Dad had gotten back just a day after the guys rescued me. And to say he's worse than the guys when it comes to being reasonable is an understatement. For the first month, after I returned home, he gave all the house staff strict instructions that I wasn't to leave my bed unless it was to use the washroom.

I had all my meals brought up to me and away it was funny and annoying at the same time to watch these full-grown mafia running men tip-toe around me like I'm made of glass. And the panic that overtakes them when even the slightest cough leaves my lips is more than hilarious!

"Amor, what are you doing here? Did you need something?" He asks and before I have the chance to answer he continues. "Do you feel alright?" He asks in worry, making his way to me and placing the back of his hand on my forehead.