Pure Chaos! (Part 1: The Eggman Empire)

Start from the beginning

Freedom HQ...

At Freedom HQ, Sonic playing his guitar as Vector the Crocodile and Mighty the Armidillo are seen playing video games while Knuckles watches them with his arms crossed. Danny then walked in and greeted everybody.

"Hey, Fighters. How are you all holding up?"

"Yo! Danny!" Sonic smiles at the lion. How've you been? Where's Y/n?"

"He's in his room, still," Danny informs. "He's not doing so hot, either."

"That kid has become almost as reclusive and secretive as Espio!" Vector states as he mashes his controller's buttons. "We already have one ninja chameleon, we don't need another!"

Knuckles finally speaks up.

"Speaking of Espio, he's been gone for too long," the echidna states. "I say we go look for him."

Knuckles' girlfriend, Julie-Su, only smiles as she grabs her boyfriend's arm comfortingly.

"I'm sure he's fine," she says. "You know he'd be mad at us if we did go looking for him."

"I don't want to insult him. I know he's talented," Knuckles says. "But I can't shake the feeling something bad has happened..."

Rouge walks into the room and immediately steals Knuckles away, making Julie-Su growl.

"Never doubt a Guardian's intuition," she says. "Maybe you and I can go looking for Espio, Knuckles."

"You'd do that, Rouge?"

"Shall do anything," the pink echidna growls.

"Watch it, Pinky," Rouge growls back.

Sally walks in, looking around as she hoped to see Y/n. Sadly, like the usual now, she sees no sign of the human. She sighs before she looks at the interaction between the two echidnas and the bat, making her grow a small smile as she walks up to Sonic.

"I guess it's a good sign that we can afford a little banter lately," she tells the Blue Blur.

"Yeah. Things have never been better, Sally," Sonic states as Julie-Su and Rouge continue to bicker back and forth. "Knothol is a booming little city. We've got a sweet little home-away-from-home here in Freedom HQ. Families are reuniting are so much time apart. The monarchy is young and strong while the Villains are on decline. We've already got some nasties locked away safely."

Sonic laughs as he sits up, smiling at Sally Acorn.

"At this rate, we'll topple Eggman's empire in no time."

"Heheh. Yeah," Sally smiles back at Sonic, but it falters. "And what about Y/n? Any word from him?"

"No, actually," Sonic's smile falters as well. "Ever since the wedding, he's been... different."

He looks over at Danny who was playing darts with Charmy Bee and some others.

"And Danny refuses to say anything. He says that he's not allowed to."

Sonic sighs as he leans back in his chair.

"It's like the kid is carrying some kind of burden. One that may be too heavy for him."

"And you would know all about that, wouldn't you?" Sally playfully asks Sonic who rolls his eyes.

"Haha. Very funny."

Sally giggles a bit before becoming serious.

"Maybe I should go see how he's doing," she thinks aloud.