The stars ✰

Tori's POV
-
It's currently 2:20 in the morning and I couldn't sleep. Sikowitz had dragged us all out on a camping trip to some field where a film had been shot. It was freezing out I literally felt like jack on the titanic , I had no idea how cat and jade were sleeping. That's when I looked around at them but only cat was asleep jade wasn't there , she Must of went outside while I was attempting to sleep.

Me and jade may not always see eye to eye and we may fight non stop but I can't help but feel somewhat in love with the girl. I mean look at her she's beautiful and yes she puts up walls but I can see why and when she lets those walls down she can surprise you in many ways. I began to worry about her remembering that it was the middle of the night and we were in the middle of no where. I unzipped our tent and carefully stepped out of it not wanting to wake cat. I zipped it back up so she wouldn't get colder then she probably was and looked around. That's when I saw her. She was just lying in the middle of the field on a blanket looking up at the stars.

I quietly walked towards her so I wouldn't startle her , she turned her head softly at me but didn't say anything she just nodded her head softly at me letting me know I could join her. She moved over to make room on the blanket for me and we sat in a comfortable silence for a while. Both of us just enjoying the view of the night sky above. However the cold soon caught back up to me as goosebumps started to trail there way up on my skin and shivers started to come aggressively out my body and down my spine. I preyed that jade wouldn't notice but she did , she turned softly to look at me and began to remove her jacket revealing a black slipknot hoodie. She handed me the jacket and smiled at me softly , something seemed wrong with her , she was upset about something but I wasn't gonna pry her about it.

I put on the jacket and soon my body began to get warm the shivers died down and my goosebumps disappeared.

"Did you know stars don't actually twinkle" jade said as more of a fact that a question.

"They don't?" I asked surprised , however I did find the sudden fact she she gave me cute in a way , she was like a child talking about something she loved.

"No , they just look like they do but really it's just the earth's atmosphere that twinkles." She said in response with a soft smile.

"How come?" I asked wanting her go smile more.

"Well the twinkling isn't a property of the stars but more of the earths turbulent atmosphere. When the light of a star passes through the atmosphere , it has to pass through many different layers of rapid differing density. It then has the effect of deflecting the light slightly as if it were a ball in a pinball machine. Eventually the light hits you're eyes but every deflection causes it to change slightly in colour and intensity." She explains softly.

"How did you know all that" I asked with a impressed smile.

"My grandpa taught me about it when I was little" she said smiling back.

"He seems great" I said making her smile even more.

"Yeah he was" she said softly "how come you're up anyways?" She questioned probably wanting to get it the subject.

"I couldn't sleep I was too cold" I said shrugging.

"You still cold?" She asked softly

"A little bit , not as much as before though so thank you" I said with a smile.

"Wait here a second" she said as she got up and went back to the tent. About 30 seconds later she came back out with some tissue , a blanket and a lighter. I looked at her confused as she came back over. She set the blanket down next to me.

"You're cute when you're befuddled" she said casually.
I immediately felt a blush raise to my cheek so I turned my face making me her giggle slightly. She walked over to where there was some sticks and broken pieces of tree bark and picked them up. She laid them out in front of stacking them on top of each other and scattered bits of tissue on top before lighting the last piece of fire. She sat back back down next to me but I couldn't help but notice how much closer we were then before and it made me feel safe for some reason. She grabbed the other blanket and put it over us making me smile even more. We both stayed like this for a few minutes just staring once again at the world above us. For some reason a sudden burst of confidence hit me and I felt the urge to ask her to hold me , so I did.

"Jade" I said softly

"Hm" she replied

"Is it okay if - will you hold me" I asked her starting to become a little nervous. However that feeling didn't last long.

"Yeah" she said with a soft smile. She laid down and opened her arms for me to rest my head on her shoulder , she wrapped her arms around me and pulled me closer. I immediately felt safe in her arms and enjoyed this moment as much as I could. I felt her fingers running through my hair , sometimes taking a few strands of hair and braiding it then undoing it.

"Tori" she asked quietly.

"Yeah jade" I said softly

"can I kiss you?" She whispered not trusting her voice I moved my head of her shoulder and glanced at her eyes and then her lips before nodding. She immediately connected our lips into a soft and passionate kiss eventually pulling away for air. She rested her forehead on mine before pulling me back into her we stayed in each other arms for a while before falling asleep , both of us to at peace to move back to the tent.

Okay so I actually kinda like this one it's very fluffyyyy , I got the idea of Pinterest and also SMUT coming next time I update which will hopefully be soon <3 lemme know what you thought about this one