Chapter 28: Home Is Where The Heart Is

Hello hello hello! Alright everyone this is it, the final chapter to the story. Honestly I can't believe it is already here so I am just going to get right into the chapter and chatter as much as I want at the very end. As always I do not own TMNT, only my OCs. Please enjoy:).

Three Months Later...

Verena's P.O.V.:

I flutter my eye lids open and yawn quietly, stretching out my body from a great night sleep. The bed feels so comfortable and soft while the blankets give us warmth. I turn my head to my right and see my handsome Leo still sleeping, wearing his bandana and lightly snoring with his mouth open. His chest is moving up and down, nice and slow as I hear his steady heartbeat; it's still a beautiful sound. I lift myself carefully on my arms as Leo's hand slides down to my hip, not even waking up to my movement or stirring in his sleep. My right hand cups Leo's cheek gently, brushing my fingers on his soft skin until I touch his lips. I cannot help but smile seeing how cute he looks in this moment, and how his lips look so tempting to kiss. Then I come up with an idea to wake him up, the best way to wake any man up.

I lay my body on top of Leo's gently and I start to kiss his lips with so much love and affection, wanting him to wake up. My hands rest on his chest and I give it a deep rub, still trying to get him up but nothing seems to be working. I am about to give up until I feel Leo's arms wrap around my back and waist and he began to kiss me lovingly. He made me feel so happy now that he's finally awake, and it took me a little bit of work just to get him to kiss me. I feel our kissing die down as he is sucking on my lower lip and I pull back slowly, seeing him open his eyes and smile at me as I smile back.

Leo yawns and then caresses my face with his hand, "Good morning, Beautiful."

"Good morning." I said and kiss his cheek, "Happy Birthday, Leo."

"Thanks." He said with a light chuckle and pecked my lips.

"So," I brush my fingers sideways on his forehead, "how does it feel not being a teenager anymore?"

His hand strokes my long straight hair, "Surprisingly different, but more in a good way. I admit being a teen was fun for a while, but I'm eager to see what it will be like as an adult. You know taking on more responsibilities, becoming a good leader to my family, those kind of things."

I giggle, "My, my, aren't we sounding so mature."

"Hey, not bad though for turning twenty, don't you think?"

I shake my head slightly, "No, not at all." I moved my hand to his cheek and smile bigger, "In fact, I actually love this mature you, Leo."

He gives me a smirk as he tightens his hold on my waist, "Really?"

"I do, and to be honest it's kind of a big plus to have it."

"Well then I guess I have to start showing you just how mature I can be." Leo joked and stuck his tongue out like a child.

I laugh and slap his plastron playfully, "Really being mature, Leo."

He puts his tongue back in his mouth and laughs along with me, making our bodies shake together from our fun. The laughing slowly stops and Leo pulls my head down to his to give me a deep kiss, my eyes shutting as he's kissing me with his sweet lips. Not even a moment later we break the kiss and the two of us stare into each other's eyes, seeing a giant sparkle in his beautiful eyes that made me melt in his arms. I move my hands away from Leo, grab the blankets, and pull them over until they covered our bodies from head to toe.

I lay my head next to his ear, "I love you so much, Leo." I whisper softly and feel his body shiver.

Leo turns his head to me slightly, "And I love you, Verena, with every beat of my heart." He whispers in a loving tone.