Chapter 10: Ambush

Leo's P.O.V.:

I got up early this morning feeling energized and eager to see Verena after our night out. The guys had wanted to ask her how it went last night, but she fell asleep after her shower so they decided to wait after she wakes up. As I was waiting, I made myself a bowl of cereal and decided to meditate for a while. It was easy to focus in meditation, even though I have other things on my mind; with it I couldn't let anything cloud my mind, everything had to flow with peace and silence. Feeling each breath run through my body like water in a stream. Having complete control of body and mind, heart and spirit. Nothing in the world is going to break my concentration.

Suddenly, I felt a familiar presence near me, but I didn't want to look or I'll break my focus. This presence felt warm, mature, honorable, and kind; whoever it was is sitting across from me. I could feel their spirit flow near mine; it almost feels like a soft breeze. Without a second guess I know who it is.

"Hey Verena." I thought to myself.

"Hi Leo." She said in my mind.

"What the shell?!" I was taken back that she can hear me.

"Relax. Do not be afraid, this is common during my meditations." Verena said to me.

"It is?"

"Of course. Master Splinter and I do this through most of our meditation sessions. I felt that it would be best to share this with you."

"Can anyone just do this?" I asked.

"Not exactly. The thing is you either have to have years of training for this or you have to be psychic like me."

"And you can speak to anyone?"

"Only if they allow me to. Like you Leo, you are familiar with my presence and given me the chance to talk through our minds. So now if we meditate, you can communicate with me. Does that make sense?" She asked.

"Yeah, it does." I said taking a deep breath.

"Good. Now that you know I should leave you to the rest of your meditation."

"You don't have to leave, Verena. Join me."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Please, stay."

"Well... alright."

The dojo became silent again. I could hear Verena breathing as we focused, getting lost in our minds.

Later That Evening...

Verena's P.O.V.:

It was nice being on patrol with the guys again, but they told me that tonight we were going to do a training exercise. I'm trying to think about what it could be. All my curiosity makes me run faster, I don't know why, but I look back and I left the guys far behind me. I really need to learn how to control that. We jump a few more buildings and then we stopped.

"Alright guys, the exercise tonight is to test our stealth and invisibility." Leo said.

"Or as we like to call it..." Raph started.

"Hide 'n' Seek." Mikey finished.

"Hide 'n' Seek?" I ask.

"We figure that you would want to do something fun." Donnie said.

"And since this is ya first time, Mikey will be it." Raph said.

"Aww. No fair." Mikey said pouting.