Chapter 25: Mending Wounds

Two Days Later...

The Sacred Palace, Kennistar...

Leo's P.O.V.:

"Alright Leonardo, I have cleaned your stab wound and healed it the best I could. Although it is a scar it will still need to be treated daily for a few days with a special oil. Your bruising and soreness will be gone in a day or two." Roirdin tells me as he washes his hands, "All you can do for now is rest to gain your strength and relax your body, I will make the oil for you today."

"Thank you, Sir." I said to him and get up from the chair. My eyes stare at my new scar and I sigh.

Riordin came up and put a hand on my shoulder, "Do not worry, Son. Verena is too head strong to give up and I know you know this from experience. Please, just do your best to be strong for my granddaughter, Leonardo."

I nod, "I will. I am curious though, when will Mr. Mortu know her results?"

"Hopefully today, at least that is what he said." Riordin checked the time, "Well I must check on my son in case he needs anything. Get some rest now, and try not to worry for it will be over with soon." He left my room.

I understand what he's trying to do, but how can I not worry? When we came here to their home, Verena was immediately taken to a medical room to be treated by the Utroms, and the rest of us were sent to the guest rooms. Since then Mr. Mortu and the other Utroms have been checking on her and running tests to see if she has improved. We don't know anything yet, but the Utroms will tell us what is going on when they finish. Until then I need to try and relax so I leave my room.

For the past couple of days being on Kennistar I haven't been able to take in all of the sights of this new world. Walking down the halls of the palace I begin to notice the beauty of everything that makes it so grand. The marble shining from the sun, centuries worth of art and weaponry mounted on the walls, just every single detail of this palace is amazing. Even as I look out the giant crystal window the ocean is so clear, the sky a bright blue, and the city is big and bold. It's all so cool. I can see why Verena loves Kennistar so much. We should really go sightseeing when she wakes up and gets better.

I walk farther into the dining hall and see my brothers and Master Splinter sitting down and eating. Liza and Archimedes walk in with their sons behind them greeting my family. I tighten my bandana and join them with everyone smiling at me.

"Leonardo!" Archimedes yells at me with a happy tone in his voice, "How are you doing my friend?" He slaps my shell hard.

"Ah!" I groan from his heavy hand hitting me.

Liza socks him in the arm, "Archimedes! Why did you do that?"

"What?" Archimedes shrugs his shoulders, "I was just saying hello."

"You need to be more careful with that hand of yours." Liza sees me roll my shoulders back, "See? Leonardo is still obviously sore."

"It's okay, Liza." I said to her, "It doesn't hurt that bad."

"How is your wound my son?" Master Splinter asks.

"A lot better, but Riordin said I need to put some oil on it to finish the healing process." I tell him as I rub the scar.

"That's great, Leo." Don said with a big smile.

"Yeah you're lucky that's the only thing ya got." Raph said.

"I know, I know." I tell my brother and look to Liza, "Have you heard anything?"

She shakes her head, "No, nothing yet. Father told me he will let us know as soon as Mortu tells him and Mother. The best we can do right now is pray... and hope."