Chapter 27: The Choice

One Week Later...

Verena's P.O.V.:

This whole week has gone by very slow and yet it has been relaxing, but despite the long waiting and bed resting I am finally healed. All of my wounds have turned to scars, the bruises have disappeared, and my concussion is gone; my body is perfectly healthy. Grandfather's special remedies have helped me a lot with all of my injuries and now I feel so energized. Not only that my family has taken care of me so much the past several days, staying with me during the night, making sure I was comfortable, all of those things. My friends have kept me company during the days when my family was busy, and they always made me laugh and smile. Leo did a lot for me as well just being there and showing me so much love and attention like any boyfriend would; he's just amazing. I owe him so much for all that he has done for me and if it wasn't for him, I may not be here today to be able to tell Leo how much I love him. Thinking about that... just scares me, being stuck in the dark for the rest of my life with nothing, and feeling no other emotion but pure sorrow. It is terrifying. However, the important thing is I am here now and I will spend the rest of my days with a big smile on my face; that is how life goes on.

Today I am taking Leo somewhere very special to spend some time together while Liza and Archimedes go with Sensei, Raph, Donnie, and Mikey out to the city to look at the marketplace. I feel like they will all get a real kick, as they say, out of the area when they see it for the first time. I cannot wait to see the look on Leo's face when he sees where I am taking him in a little bit, he is going to be in for a big surprise. Everything has to be perfect, no mistakes, no trouble, and I mean nothing can go wrong. I decided to keep my hair curled and I pick out a long, yellow high choker dress with most of my back showing; this dress is so simple and yet so elegant as it shows my skin and hugs my curves perfectly. One look and a spin to the mirror is all it took for me to see how good I appear and I know Leo is going to love it. I spray some perfume on and leave my room to go wait for him outside near the main entrance.

It honestly feels great to be walking on my own again and going outside after a long week, to smell fresh air, and to feel the sun touch my skin. I get to the entrance and I see Leo already there, turning around, and his jaw dropping nearly to the ground. He must really like the way I look. I stand in front of him smiling and he snaps out of his gaze giving me his charming smile.

"After a whole week being in your palace, you still look more beautiful than ever." Leo said taking my hand and kissing it.

I blush and giggle, "You are too kind Leo, and you look incredibly handsome. Just like you always do."

"Thanks Verena." He hooks my arm with his, "Shall we?"

I nod and we move, "Isn't it nice to be out in the daylight?"

He smiles down at me and chuckles, "Yeah, it really is." Leo kisses my head as we continue to walk, "So, where are you taking us?"

"If I tell you then it will spoil the surprise." I tell him leaning my head on his shoulder, "Besides, I think you will like it."

"Really? Now I can't wait to see, and knowing you it will be amazing."

"Well let's hurry so we can have more time, and I have a little extra something special waiting for us there." I said and we pick up the pace.

"For you Verena, anything."

Liza's P.O.V.:

The Hamato family, Archimedes, and I are walking over the bridge going to the city to give our guests a grand tour. It is the very least we can do for them after all of the support and aid my family has received through everything. Each and every one of them has shown Verena so much kindness and comfort, but they have mostly given her love despite what she has been through the past couple of months away from home. We could not have imagined such great friends like them and from my family to theirs, we are forever grateful. Not only that, but now our worlds are safe from great harm once again and that is the greatest victory of them all.