Chapter 17: Meeting the Family

Near Earth's Atmosphere...

Liza's P.O.V.:

I stare at the blue planet in awe, seeing how pretty it looks with the sun setting to the west. It almost looks like home. My sister is down there somewhere, probably hurt or... no! I must stay strong for her. Verena is alright... she has to be. The door opens and I turn around to see Archimedes walking to me with his weapons and armor on.

"Your grandfather wanted me to tell you that we'll be leaving soon." He said.

I nod, "Alright." I look back at the planet and sigh.

Archimedes wraps his arm around me, "We will find her, Liza. You know Verena better than anyone, Dear. She is a strong young woman, and stubborn to match it."

I look up at my husband and smile, "I know, but I just worry. It is my job to watch over my little sister."

"Well once we get down there we can go over everything and start the search." He said and smiled, "I love you, Liza."

I caress his cheek, "I love you, Archimedes."

We kiss each other for a moment and hug.

The door opens and my grandfather comes in, "It is time."

My husband and I let go of each other and head out of the quarters. I had my weapons already on me and my armor on over my green clothing. The walk to the bridge is silent as we were waiting for this moment to come. To be completely honest I am a little nervous. I can only hope for the best. No more, no less.

We get to the bridge and see Akiba pulling up a hologram of New York City. The only way that we are getting down there is through the teleport chambers; these chambers can transport you to any location that you lock into, no matter how far it is.

"There." Akiba points to the white dot on the map, "That is the location where Verena's distress signal was transmitted. It's faint, but it will have to do."

"Until we get down there." I said.

"Yes, well the chambers are locked on the coordinate." He said.

"Good. We should get going." Archimedes said.

As we headed for the chambers, Grandfather's wrist link goes off. He opens a message and starts to read it. The look on his face is serious.

Grandfather sighs, "Liza, you and Archimedes go. I have to take care of this."

"What is it Grandfather?" I ask him.

"Just a message from your parents." He said, but he can see that I'm not convinced, "Everything is fine, I'll meet you down there."

I have no choice, "Alright. Come Archimedes."

"Be careful down there you two." Akiba said to us.

"We will my brother." Archimedes reassured him.

The both of us step into the chamber and close the door. My husband gives Akiba a nod, signaling him to do it. Akiba opens another hologram, showing the energy of the chamber that is fully charged. He pulls the lever on the main panel and I can feel the energy flowing through my body; almost like a tingling sensation from your head to toe. I look to my husband and I can see it in his eyes as we begin to fade: eagerness. I share his same thought. We will find you, Sister.

New York City...

Leo's P.O.V.:

"What exactly are we looking for?" Mikey asked as we land on the roof from a couple of nights ago.