Special Chapter-Anarchy: Origins (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"I can never get used to this," Y/n states with a smile.

"You've been here for two years, N/n," Maria says, looking at her friend now. "How are you not used to it?"

"I don't know," Y/n admits. "Just feels... special."

Maria giggles a bit before leaning forward, and placing her lips on Y/n's cheek for a kiss. Y/n's cheeks flare red as he looks away flustered, making Maria laugh out loud this time instead of giggling which causes Y/n to blush even harder.

Then heavy footsteps begin to be heard at the end of the hallway, making Y/n and Maria stop walking as they grew curious. Then they saw Shadow running towards them with a panicked expression.

"Shadow?" Y/n questions.

"Shadow, what's wrong?" Maria asks the hedgehog.

However, he just grabs Maria and Y/n's hands and pulls them along as they struggle to keep up with the Ultimate Lifeform.

"Shadow?! What's going on?!"

"It's the Military!" Shadow states. "They're here to take me and kill everyone here!"

Maria and Y/n's eyes widen in shock as Y/n looks back to see soliders running after them.

Gunshots go off as the three narrowly avoid them, Shadow sending off some small attacks to keep them at bay as he pulled Y/n and Maria along with him

Gunshots go off as the three narrowly avoid them, Shadow sending off some small attacks to keep them at bay as he pulled Y/n and Maria along with him. Then they make it to the escape pod bay, all three quickly entering and Y/n immediately goes to close the door.

"That won't keep them back for long!" Y/n states and begins to take off his suit for better movement and revealing his exoskeleton. "We gotta be quick!"

Maria and Shadow nod in agreement and Maria turns to Shadow.

"You're going first."

"What?" Shadow questions. "No way, you and Y/n are going."

"Shadow, if they get you, it's all over," Maria tells the hedgehog.

"You're more important, Shadow," Y/n states. "You're going."

Hesitantly, Shadow nods and goes to an escape pop, stepping inside of it as Maria goes to the control panel. Since she knew how to use the controls better than Y/n, she was the one to prepare the escape pods for jettison.

Y/n walked up to Shadow and placed his hand on the glass.

"I'll see you on the ground, Shadow."

"See you on the ground, kid," Shadow says, also placing his hand on the glass to mimick Y/n.

"The escape pod is ready," Maria states. "We just need to--"

The bay doors suddenly get blown off, soldiers stepping in as they aimed their guns around the room. Then one sees Shadow in an escape pod and looks to see Maria at the controls. He aims his gun at her.