𝟺𝟺-𝙰𝚗 𝙾𝚋𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚕𝚎

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong Ani?" I asked softly, ignoring his demand as I closed the doors behind me. I eyed the room for a quick second and took notice to how trashed it was; chairs were definitely thrown, glass was nearly everywhere, and I'd rather not comment on the dead body three feet to his right.

He looked up at the sound of my voice, his red eyes trailing the dress I had on, and the rage in them slowly disappeared, "I forgot about our plans, I'm sorry." He mumbled quietly before dropping his head back down, "You look beautiful though." He grabbed a half-full bottle of whiskey, and took a large gulp before slamming it down onto the table so hard that I was surprised it didn't shatter.

"I don't care about our plans," I slowly walked around the table towards him, "I just want to know what's upsetting you." I wiggled my way between him and the table so I could force him to look at me. I placed my hand on his cheek and softly caressed it as he does for me.

He sighed in content as he leaned his cheek into my palm, "Your touch is so soothing," He placed his hand over mine before grabbing it and bringing it to his lips. He kissed the back of my hand lightly, and brought it down between us, but he remained holding it, "There's an issue with Cal." He finally revealed what was on his mind. His gaze was locked on our joint hands where he was currently fidgeting with my fingers.

"Is he okay?" I asked with concern.

He nodded, "For now," He let go of my hand and took a few steps back, before dropping down into his chair that looked as if it had been pushed back, "Word got around that I was coming for him, so not only did they move his date up to tomorrow, which I highly doubt is fucking legal, but the system is fucked," He snapped as his grip tightened on his wooden chair and I could hear the wood splinting, "But they moved him away from everyone, even Rex is having a hard time being able to reach him." He placed his head in his hand, "I had everything set up perfectly to get him out, but now it's all gone to shit, and I have no idea what to do now."

I took a seat on his lap, and moved his hand away from his face to get a look at his teary eyes, "I'm sorry this is happening," I ran my hands through his hair to help calm him down; prompting him to lean his head back against the chair, divulging in my touch, "But I know you, you're capable of so much. So instead of having a tantrum, and breaking everything in sight; just sit back, take a deep breath, and figure out your next move. You do have time, granted not as much as before, but you still have it." I encouraged him to be a little more optimistic, there's no point in getting worked up as long as Cal is still alive. There's still a chance to go around this, it's merely an obstacle, all we have to do is jump.

"You're right," He breathed out a deep exhale and met my eyes, "Do you have any ideas?" He asked, taking me by surprise. Him asking me for my own opinion made me feel like I was actually his partner right now, and not just the woman who shares a bed with him.

I furrowed my brows as I searched through my intellectual mind, sounds cocky I know, but I am a smart woman with a doctorate so I have every right to be.

I slowly lifted my gaze back up to meet his eyes when a small idea, that just might work, crossed my mind, "Is he allergic to anything?"

He nodded, "Peanuts, I found out the hard way." He grimaced at a memory only known to him.

I smiled, perfect, "So you know how the ones on death row get a final meal right before the execution?" I asked with a head tilt, and I saw a smile slowly from across his lips.

"I think I know where you're going with this," He wrapped his arms around my waist tightly.

I wrapped my arms around his neck in response and leaned close to his lips, "Let's see if we can get your boy some peanut butter cookies."

"And then he'll have to be rushed to the infirmary." Anakin added with a devious smirk.

"Which will delay his execution," I continued on, "And there will be lighter security, thus allowing Rex to slip in easily." I gently bit his bottom lip, "Now we just inform everyone else involved, and we'll figure out where we're going from there."

He nodded, his eyes lighting up with every word I spoke, "God you're so sexy right now."

I chuckled, "I thought I was sexy all the time?"

His strong hands caressed my back, "You are, but right now you're at an all time high sweetheart." He pulled me closer to him and pressed his lips to mine.

I welcomed it, tightening my hold around his neck significantly, before we finally parted for air, "I'm a little confused on something though, how did they find out you were coming for him?"

His eyes that previously held love and adoration, shifted to a deep look of loathing, "I have one suspicion. Piett!" He called his friend, nearly blowing out my ear drum.

Piett immediately opened the door and eyed the room with little to no surprise at its condition, before looking at us sitting together, "Yes?"

"Call Eric for me, tell him to meet me at the club in one hour. And tell everyone to get ready, including yourself, we're going out."

༻✦༺
Sorry for it being short ♥️
༻✦༺