𝟸𝟶-𝙰𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚕

2.9k words
༻✦༺

(y/n)'s POV
After making a small stop at my office so I wasn't carrying around a tire iron; I rode the elevator to the fifth floor. I began impatiently tapping my foot as I waited for the doors to open at my forbidden destination.

I had so many things I wanted to talk to him about; and not just my theory about the shock therapy either, but about his little gang showing up at the hospital and other places I've been at as well. Because now that I think of it, I'm almost positive it was Maul that I saw at the grocery store the other day. I thought it was my mind playing tricks on me from lack of sleep, but now I'm not so sure.

And Piett just happens to drive down the same secluded road as me? I don't think so, I'm not one who believes in coincidences like that. Then there's the matter of the fact that he knew where I worked without me even mentioning it.

Were they around to keep an eye on me? And if so, why?

Also, were they involved in Jackson's shooting? Did he order them to kill him because of me? Is that why they were there, to finish the job?

Im not even entirely sure how I feel about that if it is true. Jackson is a shitty person, yes, but I never wished for him to die. Yet at the same time, a darker part of my mind is thinking that death is deserved.. I don't know, I'm getting a headache now with all these theories and questions circling my mind.

The red digital number inside of the elevator landed on the five, signaling my arrival. But before the doors even opened, my ears were preluded by the heart wrenching sound of someone screaming and shouting copiously.

Normally hearing something like that in the middle of the night wouldn't phase me; unhinged bellowing was something I was used to in this place. But I felt a heavy feeling in my heart when I heard this person screaming, because despite the voice being hard to understand, I did recognize it.

The elevator doors opened painfully slow, and I practically squeezed through them so I could get out into the hallway quicker; I was too impatient to wait. I glanced down the empty walkway where I could still hear Anakin yelling; only this time, without the muffling of the elevator doors, he was a bit easier to understand, "Where is she—I'll fucking kill you all!"

His words confused me, and I was surprised at the hostility of his tone.. Usually—even when kills—he's calm, and I know this because I've seen him kill.. twice. So something must have really gotten to him for him to act this way, and I was almost scared to find out what.

I took this opportunity when there wasn't a guard present to rush to Anakin's door and quickly scan my card. I pulled it open; not caring how loud it creaked since it was hard to hear anything else anyway besides Anakin's shouts, and I got inside.

He stopped yelling the second I entered the room, and I gently closed the door as I always did before facing him. I immediately froze when my eyes locked with his rage-filled gaze.

It wasn't the intensity of his stare that stunned me; it was his appearance. He was sitting on his bed wearing a straightjacket, and his ankles were locked to the metal railings on the bedframe. He was chained down like an animal.

"What the hell happened to you?" I asked, eyeing his appearance with an uneasy feeling as I got closer to him.

"What-" He was looking at me like he'd just seen a ghost, "I thought you were—where were-" He could hardly finish a sentence as he stumbled over his words; observing me with relief varied with confusion and anger.