Muted Chapter 17

Hey you guys ! So I am deticating this chapter to my brother. You should check out his poetry, it's pretty sveet!

We walked into the city and I was glad of the noise and bustle in the streets. "Are you hungry?" Andy asked me. I nodded and walked to a small market and picked up some food before searching for a hotel. 

My mind was buzzing and racing with the new found information. But, I was also planning. I couldn't let Andy die. He was my life now. I had abandoned my parents, the few friends I had, basically my entire life. Yet, I wouldn't change any of it. 

I had to us back. If turning myself in was the only way Andy would live and be able to find his sister, then I would gladly do it. I now knew that I loved Andy with everything I had. Everything about him lured me in and I knew I couldn't lose him. 

Andy took a sudden turn and I followed closely behind. I looked up to see the tall building we were entering. It didn't look like a hotel on the outside but, as we took our first step in the bustle of it all gave it way. Luggage was scattered around along with the occasional bell boy. We sidestepped these people to get to the check in desk.

"We need a room," Andy told the boy at the check in desk briskly. I just hoped the dark haired boy spoke english.

"Okay, single or double?" The boy asked with a thick accent. Andy turned to me at this question and I shrugged. I watched the boy eyeing me with suspiscion. He probably thought that I was being kidnapped because of my inability to speak. 

"Whatever is cheapest," Andy told him.

"Single it is then," He said as he asked a series of questions which finally ended in us recieving our room keys. The crowded elavator caused little room for me to ask Andy why he was so rude to the attendant.  

We stepped into our room glad to be away from all the noise. Ever since I lost my ability to speak I had paid more attention to what people had said. My ears were attuned to eavesdropping now but, the crowded area pulled my attention many ways that made it hard to concentrate. 

I plopped onto the bed and held my head in my hands.  

"You alright?" Andy asked. I just pointed at my head. I laid down for a few more minutes before sitting up and grabbing a notepad.

*Andy, I need a computer. I have to at least email my parents and tell them I am okay,* I wrote down. I throw the notepad at his head. I smiled hugely when he started laughing at me for hitting him.

"You're going to pay for that," He said with a smile showing in his voice. I watched the smile disappear as he read the page.  "You can't down that Mari," He said sadly, as if anticipating my disappointment. "They can track it," He said.

I felt my smile sink. I wanted the computer not only for my parents, but as a way to get back to Ireland. I had to protect Andy. A sudden idea brought my smile back, but I tried to hide as a way to not alert Andy. 

"Well, we could always call Eileen," Andy said thoughfully. I looked at him confused. I scrambled over to him and grabbed the notepad to scribble down what I needed to say. 

*Eileen? Eileen Brady? The really nice girl from school who talks to much?* I wrote down. He looked at it and laughed. 

"Yes. She is one of our kind. She has been helping me take care of you. She actually isn't as ditsy as she seems. We could call her from a prepaid phone and tell her to tell your parents she is at her house working on a project. Then we could just break the phone. They can't trace that," He said. Eileen was one of them? How surprising. I was glad someone could relieve the worry from my parents. 

I nodded my head and looked around the room. Bland. That was the only word to describe. The windows were adorned with beige curtains, along with the bed which was beige and black. A small black desk sat next to a tv and the desk chair was where Andy sat. 

The bed was a queen size and looked appetizing after sleeping on the desert floor the night before. I scuddled over to it and plonked myself down in the middle of it. I snuggled my face into the pillows feeling a burst of drowsiness.

"Not quite yet young lady," Andy said playfully as he sat down next to me. I turned my head out of the pillows and stared up at his god like face. He stared down at me with admiration.

*Why do you look at me like that,* I signed. Andy pushed my hair from my face laid down next me. Nerves racked against my stomach. Sure, I wasn't the queen of innocence before the accident, but I had never laid in the same bed as a boy before.

"You're beautiful Marianna. How could I look at you any other way," He told me and I hid my face in embarassment. I guess I shouldn't feel like this. I had already made out with him in my bed at home and I slept in the tent with him, but this felt different.

My face was pulled from the comfort of the pillows and replaced with Andy's chapped lips, that I adored. He kissed me softly, and I forgot where we were. What we were suppose to be doing. My legs felt like jelly as he leaned back and placed a slightly rough kiss to my lips. I molded my lips to his and gasped as I felt his hands wrap around my waist and pull me closer to him. 

My head was spinning as he probed his toungue into mouth. Tingles shot up and down my body. Andy suddenly moved so we wern't side by side, rather me on top of him.

I tried to clear my head before this went to far. We were being chased. Andy was slowly aging to his death. That thought shot me from my dizzy state and I covered Andy's mouth with my hand before he could kiss me again. I shook my head as he stared at me confused. The intensity left his eyes after a couple of minutes and he sat us both up on the bed. I sat with legs indian style across from him.

"We should get a shower and stuff. Get ready. We have to meet someone I know before we do anything else. You can go first," Andy said and I shuffled towards the adjoining bathroom to clean up.