Chapter nineteen

“How is she?” staring up to where the voice came from Beth lightly smiled as she caught sight of the lovely woman. Taking her gaze to the sleeping Rose on Zane’s laps Beth frowned a bit.

“Holding up Mrs. Tune. How are you?” Beth answered studying the woman’s face a bit longer. She seemed just as broken down as Rose, tired and worn out.

“Holding up as well.” Mrs. Tune mumbled sighing in exhaustion. An arm wrapping around the woman’s shoulder Mrs. Tune turned to her husband giving him a light smile.

“Your daughter will be okay, she is in good hands.” Zane assured them as the couple sat down right on the other side of the waiting room. Mr. and Mrs. Tune both gave the two nurse bright smile as much as they could.

Zane ran his fingers through Rose’s moist hair untangling the tangled up locks of hair. Both of them hadn’t left her side since she walked into that very room even as she slept.

Thing was, Rose hadn’t slept — she couldn’t sleep at that hour. All she did was shut her eyes and pretend to sleep, she couldn’t bear worrying them, it gave her some sort of peace of mind knowing they were less worried about her.

Listening to the rain fall soundly against the glass window Rose sighed. Opening her eyes she watched each drop, each drop causing her heart to ache a bit — the silence and waiting were driving her insane, she needed assurance.

“May!” she heard Beth startled voice speak, watching the woman giving her a little smile Rose sat up her gaze on May as the tiny blanket fell off her body.

“How is she?” She asked studying her facial expression.

Moving face mask May smiled, a genuine smile. “Out of danger, the operation was successful. You have nothing to worry about.”

Relief filled the room, getting off the chair completely Rose walked up to May still anxious. “Can I see her?” she asked trying her bestest to smile.

“When she wakes up you can.” Rose gave her a nod a faint smile on her face, pulling May into a tight hug Rose thanked her — she hadn’t left.

§

Only that door stood between her and the only person she’s been longing to see. Glancing to her right she smiled at short woman, being pulled into an embrace Mrs. Tune whispered into her ear. “Go in, she is waiting to see you.” with those said she motioned for her to go in.

Pushing past the door Rose took a step into the room her eyes fell on the machines monitoring the laying body laying. Looking so small as wires run up her arm and chest, a tiny tube in both her nostrils.

“Hello Rose.” her raspy voice sounded in the room as she motioned for her to come closer. Though some part of her broke as she saw the tears running down her adorable cheeks — the tip of her nose a bit pink and her ears. “Hey why are you crying, come here.” she asked patting the spot beside her on the bed.

Wiping away her tears with her palm Melody pouted, “I’m okay stop crying.” she mumbled.

Rose shook her head trying to wipe away some tears as she chuckled, “I can’t, I’m really happy you’re okay.” she spoke chuckling.

“Tears of joy?” Melody chuckled as well interlocking her hand with hers.

“Yeah, I haven’t cried in so long. I won’t stop anytime soon.” seventeen years of holding in pain, so much pain — she felt it.

“Let it out.”  Melody encouraged patting her knee a smile on her face.

“I’m so sorry I wasn’t strong.”

“You have been so strong, you always are. I admire that about you.”

“Je suis amoureux de vous.” she mumbled in realization, wiping the tears away with the back of her hand she stared into her eyes. “I love you a lot.” she whispered.

“I’m so in love with you.” Rose mumbled placing a peck on Melody’s lips. That was the best thing — feeling she felt, complete peace. Only love, with no other.