Chapter thirteen

Persuasive — persuasion. To successfully convince (someone) to agree to, accept, or do something, usually through reasoning and verbal influence. She did not succeed, she could not persuade the nurse pushing her down the hallway.

The continuous bickering, complains she murmured filled the hallway. Eyes turned towards them from each direction as they questioned the behaviour, it had been like a mother trying to drag her children out of a candy store after not buying them any sweets.

Ridiculously funny, entertaining — amusement filled those who watched the two, placing all their work aside to watch maybe even laugh. Beth and Melody did not mind, actually they didn’t notice the eyes of anyone at all.

Beth was busy trying to control Melody to listen and not run away and Melody was too caught up in whining like a child.

Stomping her feet against the floor she moved out of Beth’s way stepping to the side, almost letting the woman fall to the lack of an object to exert her force.

Catching her balance Beth stood upright fixing up her uniform blouse as she glared at Melody. “Why do you have to give me such a hard time child.” she mumbled grabbing her arm.

“I wouldn’t if you told me where you are taking me!” she whined trying to free her arm from the dark skinned nurses’ grip. Which was to no avail as the short woman kept dragging her by the hand towards the front entrance.

“It is for your own good. I am just trying to help!” the woman groaned in frustration. Pushing the closed glass door she pulled Melody to the glorious wonders that laid beyond the walls, glasses she was always held up in  — the outside.

It’s tint light blue colour overlapped with the shadowing of the radiant beautiful colours of the sun setting, red yellow orange clipping the blue of it’s territory. The sun popping the top of it’s fully fledged body one last time before it disappeared along the horizons.

Enticed by the sight Melody stopped her bickering with the woman and stared at the sun set. Feeling the girls’ arm give up the struggle Beth let her grip leave — she couldn’t run now.

Melody furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at the shorter woman who nudged her, following where her finger pointed she smiled.

In front of her stood a brightly smiling Rose no longer in her doctor’s coat just a pink coloured vest and loose jean pants cuffed at the bottom resting on her black sneakers, her dark hair in a cute messy bun. Waving towards Melody the car keys in her hand jingled left and right following the movement of her hand.

Smiling herself Melody rushed from Beth’s side to Rose embracing her in a tight, very loving hug one that the other reciprocated. “Thanks Beth, I hope she wasn’t any trouble.” Rose thanked the woman looking over Melody’s shoulder as Beth walked up to them, rubbing her hand up and down Melody’s back she smiled you taking in her lovely scent.

“She was so much work!” the woman groaned even though she frustratingly groaned at the trouble Melody put her through, her heart sang in joy as she saw the young couple tenderly embraced the other — giggles escaping both as they fooled around in eachothers arms moving left and right.

“Sorry about her!” Rose apologized as she continued to giggle Melody nibbling down on her neck teasingly.

Beth shook her head chuckling herself as she stared at the couple. “Please get her away from here, bring her back tomorrow please I’m too tired of her today.” the woman encouraged with a big bright smile on her face exposing her white chompers.

“I’ll do that and again thank you.”

“Bye love birds!” Beth waved them off, turning the woman made her way back to the building leaving the couple.

“You gave her a hard time.” Rose hissed trying to shove Melody away from her neck. Having a tight grip around Rose’s waist she kept herself in place not wanting to let go. “I didn’t know she was bringing me to you. If I did then I would have willingly accepted.” Melody mumbled her face still in Rose’s neck.

Feeling Melody’s soft warm lips peck her she chuckled it was rather ticklish, pushing Melody away Rose shook her head. “Okay come on.” she spoke interlocking her hand with hers pulling her towards the car park.

“Where are you taking me?” Melody questioned as her eyes scanned each parked car multi coloured with different brands. Slowly down the girls approached a brand new black coloured convertible BMW.

It took Melody a bit by surprise as she stood rooted to the ground staring at the car in full admiration. Rose tugged her arm getting her moving again, “To our date!” she squealed pulling Melody to her car.

Unlocking the car she opened the door for her girlfriend a big bright smile pasted on her face, not that it would leave at all.

“I could get used to this.” Melody spoke as go in smiling at her lovely gentle woman girlfriend. “I’ll make sure you don’t.” Rose winked closing her door after her.

Situating herself in the comfortable leathered seat Rose gripped on the steering wheel turning to Melody she smiled at the blue haired girl smiling back at her. She liked the girl, she really did — so did the girl she liked.