Chapter 14

„Dear Diary,

Today I maybe did the best prank I have ever come up with. I ignored my school work and shifted all my attention onto serious planning and developing.

In case someone might see me scheming I went into the dorm room and sat onto my four coaster and pulled the curtains closed. There I brought out all my notes and ideas.

It was a long time since I planned a prank. How much I missed that excitement.

After a few hours and a whole Saturday morning I went down to lunch with a satisfied smile. If I managed to get it in, I would do the prank later that afternoon. (Spoiler: I did manage to get it in)

Gemma is already full in exam mode, which sometimes makes her forget the time and miss lunch. That's why today when my eyes scanned the Great Hall for someone to sit with (I was hoping for Sean or Louis actually) some fifth years realized that I must have looked lost and waved me over to them.

Book, I'm not messing with you, I was sitting next to the most popular guy and all those cool older students. A girl in my dorm has a huge crush on the guy I was sitting with right now, I will tell her later everything that he said. We talked about the riddles of our common room door and how hard they sometimes are. A boy, I believe his name was Phil, even complained how one time a first year had to help him get into the common room.

Remember when I told you that I was able to help a third year? That was him. All laughed when I told them and Phil let go a huge sigh.

Before we could bond much longer I had to go though. I had to save Gemma some food and sneak it into the library for her. I waved goodbye to the older students and went to go to look for her.

Really, if you told me that I would be able to sit with some older Ravenclaws, I would have laughed. Because how are the odds? That I would go over to them and simply ask them was something that most definitely would have happened at one point, but that they asked me to sit with them. No chance.

Even better that they did it. When I am the older student I also will do that as soon as I see someone without friends or sit to someone that might be lost. It really did brighten up my mood even more today and others deserve that as well.

Gemma was more than happy when I brought her some food. I had to look out for Madame Pince the whole time for her to eat in safety. The last thing that she needs is to be banned from the library in that state of exam preparation.

Something that I learned today:

If you help out your true friends even with small gestures and look out for them, they will reward you as well. We know that Gemma isn't really the type for any adventure because she usually gets fed up because of them, but today she randomly decided to help me out with my prank.

And that was good. Because I overestimated the amount of work I had to put into it and if I had done it alone, I would have been caught.

However, with Gemma looking out and even (I'm so proud of her) talking with an older student who wanted to approach the Greenhouse to get him away (she did manage it, she stumbled over her words once or twice but she did such a great job that boy really went the other way) I was able to set up my plan in the Greenhouse.

If all goes according to plan, we won't have Herbiology on Monday.

Fingers crossed.

Love,

Jade."