*Chapter 00*

„Dear Diary,

I'm once again here to seek your help my good friend. Writing onto the first page feels like a final entry and it kind of is. I'm here to say my goodbyes and a thank you. Thank you for being a friend all these years and helping me through struggling times. You treasure so many memories and lovely moments that are so dear important to me and I am beyond grateful for the life I was able to live. Even if times were bad sometimes, I wouldn't want it any other way now. They made me who I am today and brought me in touch with all these amazing people.

Especially, all this lead to you Jean.

My wonderful wonderful Jean. I knew your curiosity will get the better of you and you sooner or later will grab ahold of this book. I'm glad you did. I'm glad that you inherited your itch for more from your father and went along to get this book.

This is also to you. I hope this book will help you just as much as it helped me. I hope it will make you laugh and understand your old parents a bit more and I hope it will help you through the tough times.

Don't be sad querida. I'm always by your side just like promised. If you look at the sky, I will look down onto you. Your father and I will look out for you. Just know that we are there and we are proud. I have never seen your father taking something as seriously as you.

You are important and this is for you.

Think about me from time to time.

Yours with all of my heart,

Mom."