Chapter 12: Darkness

Start from the beginning

I closed my eyes and let the tears pour down my cheeks. I'm weak.

My body began to feel light as the floors texture started to change. It felt more hard and less sandy. I opened my eyes and it took a few seconds for me to realize I wasn't where I was before.

I scanned the area. I started to feel déjà vu. There was a brick floor with a dark blue wooden wall and a chandelier hanged from the roof. The room was small, and there was a wooden bed that seemed like it's been there for years. I glanced at the corner where a mice quickly ran away into its hole.

I picked myself up and looked for an exit. What's going on..?

I found a door and quickly sprinted out. To my surprise, I ended up in the same familiar room, yet, this time, with a maroon colored wall.

I sighed deeply and ran out another door. Again, the same room, expect with a brown wall.

I began to feel terror. I was frightened. Will this ever end? This really is a never-ending maze.

I kept running out the same doors, ending up in the same rooms with slight differences.

I didn't stop until I ran out of breath and took a break, leaning against a violet colored wooden wall.

I took deep breaths and relaxed a bit more. I heard a strange sound of paint cracking. Looking behind me, I realized the wall was disappearing. When it fully disappeared, it was left with a brown wooden door.

I pushed open the door with a creak, only to enter a room filled with mirrors. Looking around, I saw many reflections of me. I touched a mirror, and I fell in.

"Mama! Look what I have!" a young girl ran up to a middle-aged lady with a bright smile.

She handed her a paper that had a silly drawing of her mother on a dragon.

"I drew this for you," she grinned.

"It's beautiful, my darling. You're very talented," her mother said, genuinely smiling. She took the paper and looked at it for a couple of seconds before tearing up. 

"You're so kind, honey."

The girl tilted her head in confusion as she put her hand on her mothers cheek. "Why are you leaking water?"

The lady chuckled slightly, "I'm just so happy, Hera."

Hera smiled, wiping her mothers tears.

~ 2 years later ~

Hera took her mothers hand and cried, "Mother.."

"Hera, dear, I am so, so sorry," her mother sobbed uncontrollably, "Must I leave you?"

"I don't want you to leave!" her small hands fit only half of her mothers.

"I miss you already."

"Remember, darling, that you should cry only tears of happiness. Cry because you're growing up to be a beautiful woman, not because I'm leaving you."

"Mother! Don't say such things. I mustn't cry because I'm happy. Not in the situation we're in."

The smiling lady held up the drawing her daughter gave to her two years ago, "Remember when you drew this for me?"

Hera blushed slightly and nodded, "You were happy..."

"Be happy, please. I want you to smile. If you smile, I'll leave this world with no regrets."

The young girl furrowed her eyebrows, but forced a smile. 

"D-Don't leave me," she said in between sobs.

Her mother grew pale, "I love you, honey. I love you so, so much," she smiled as her eyes slowly closed.

The heart monitor flat-lined.

"No..! No! No! Please!" she banged on the hospital bed, "Mother! Don't leave me.. Don't leave.." she cried, "Mother..Mother..no..You need.. to live.."

"Mother! Wake up, please. Stop playing...stop.."  she kissed her mothers cheek and moved her hair from her face. "I.."

"I love you so much."

I gasped, clutching my heart tightly, "Mother," I sobbed.

 I began to feel dizzy. This was all familiar to me. Black spots appeared in my vision. I already knew what going to happen next.

All went black.

THATS IT FOR THIS CHAPTER!...... omg i worked hard on it. it took long.If you liked it, leave a vote or comment! :D thanks for your support and if you have questions, leave it in the comments, i'll answer them no matter what! Remember, everything after when she fell into the mirror is a flashback. And when she gasps and clutches her heart is when the flashback ends. The reason  behind the maze and everything else will be explained next chapter :D Stay tuned~ Also, you'll know it's a flashback since, well, it's italics.

Dedicated to everyone reading because I just wanted to thank everyone who's reading/still reading x3 <3 you guys are da best :3 Thanks for reading <3 bai.

Perished Gods[Noragami Fanfiction] YatoxOCOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara