2. ASPHODEL

Lucy always loved the beauty of Hogwarts castle

Lucy always loved the beauty of Hogwarts castle. The corridors radiated warmth and the torches gleamed radiantly upon the walls. Within the Great Hall, the four house tables laid underneath the dark ceiling that was twinkling with stars. The glimmering candles in the air reflected upon the shiny golden platters resting on the elegant tables. At once, mountains of roast chicken, potatoes, green beans, steaming rolls, and decadent pies and puddings appeared.

There was still no sign of Draco to be seen as Lucy piled some potatoes, ham, and peas onto her plate. She mindlessly took bite after bite before looking down to realize her plate was empty. Finally, about halfway through the meal, he strode into the Hall looking smug, tucking his wand into his robe pocket before taking a seat next to her of all people.

"Where were you?" she demanded as he immediately started gathering turkey legs onto his plate.

He gave her a cheeky smirk, "Taking care of some business,"

Everyone at the table looked at each other with confusion as Draco hungrily grabbed a lamb chop.

"Look at Potter," gasped Arielle dramatically.

Harry Potter was hurrying into the Great Hall with what looked like a bloody nose that had stained his robes. Lucy diverted her eyes to Draco, and raised an inquisitive eyebrow at him, while he raised an eyebrow at her. He definitely had some sort of role in breaking Potter's nose.

Lucy looked away, unable to handle the intensity of his gaze, as the headmaster stood up. He looked fatigued and ancient underneath his half moon glasses. Dumbledore raised a hand and the candles dimmed as he began his speech at once. 

"We are pleased to welcome a new member of staff this year, Professor Slughorn"— An older and rather round wizard stood up, his bald head gleaming in the candlelight. His big waistcoated belly threatening to pop every button on his trousers — "is a former colleague of mine who has agreed to resume his old post of Potions master." 

Lucy's eyes shot up to watch Snape's reaction. Beneath his greasy black hair, a sinister look of satisfaction grew upon his face at this announcement. She had rather enjoyed having Snape as her Potions Professor. His favoritism towards Slytherin house certainly didn't hurt either.

"Snape finally gets to teach Dark Arts!" Pansy exclaimed gleefully.

"Now, as everybody in this Hall knows, Lord Voldemort and his followers are once more at large and gaining in strength."  boomed Dumbledore.

Immediately, silence fell upon the hall, and it seemed to grow even tenser as he spoke. The topic of Voldemort left Lucy uneasy. She looked around for a distraction and her eyes seemingly wandered over to Draco again.