Adi was so warm and good to her. She did not even recollect their conversation from that evening properly. But she remembered the feeling she felt as she talked with him.. She felt safe and secure.. This might be the reason which would have led towards that night.. She jerked herself from that thought painfully and realised she missed her husband terribly..

-------

Suhasini reached home and used her brain to plan something for their anniversary. But nothing useful came out at that moment..

She thought of calling him. He was about to return by the next day. Last call between them lasted only a minute..

She called his number. It rang for a long time without any reply from the other end and she tried again. The call was connected this time.

Suhasini: Hello.. Adi...

Nathan: Sorry Ma'am.. Sir is in meeting with council members.

Suhasini: Thank you uncle.. Inform him that I called him..

Nathan: Sure Ma'am..

She then had an idea and sent him a voice note..

Adi finished his meeting and came out of the boardroom. He stayed in their party office in that state for 5 days. This visit gave him a chance to personally connect with the people. This particular state was filled with mountains. Hence the travel between the regions were quite rough.

More than any of that, he was excited to go back home on the next day.

Nathan handed over his phone once he stepped out.

Nathan: Sir, Ma'am called you and asked you to call back once you finish your meeting..

Adi: Thank you Nathan...

He nodded his head as he walked ahead.. He then noticed a notification in his phone.. It was an audio note from his wife.

He turned towards Nathan as he gestured him to give his airpods..

He played the voice note with airpods on.. Her beautiful voice flowed through that pods..

Mudhalvanae ennai kan paaraai
Mundhaanai kodiyettra neram illaiyaa
Oh kaadhal panjam vandhu nondhenae m
Muththa nivaaranam enakillaiyaa
Vaalin osai ketkkum thalaivaa
Valaiyalosai ketkkavillaiyaa
Mudhalvaamudhalvaa

His face beamed with a huge smile.. He then looked at Nathan..

Adi: Nathan.. We are going back home..

He received another note at that time.. Same melodious voice came back to hit him again...

Konja neram odhukki koondhal odhukki
Kurippu ezhundhungal endhan tholil

Her voice expressed her yearning like a mirror... He replied her this time...

Peeli ondrai yedhuthu thaenil nanaithu
Kaiyoppam iduven undhan maarbil