Epilogue

A/N: hope you enjoy the last chapter of this story. It has been a wonderful journey and I hope you liked this story.

*I found the image on Pinterest.*

Frida snored softly and tightened her grip a little around the woman sleeping beside her.

"Mom."

Frida cracked an eye open and pushed herself up on her elbow.

"Yes honey," she said as she turned to the little boy at the end of her bed. He was wearing a beige tunic and loose brown pants. His fluffy blonde hair was a mess as he stood in from of Frida while playing with his fingers.

"I can't sleep," he said almost ashamed.

Frida sat up from the bed, careful not to wake Heather from her deep sleep. She then stood up and walked to the little boy. She picked him up with both hands and placed him on her hip.

"Have you tried counting dragons?" She asked him as they walked out of the room.

"Yes. I got to 200," he said as he began to play with Frida's short hair. She had kept it short as it was easier to take care of.

"Did you try to take off some of your clothes?" Frida asked.

"I wasn't warm, and I wasn't cold either," the boy said in a small voice.

"What woke you up then?" Frida asked. She remembered how Heather had sung him to sleep.

They were now in the lower part of the hut, with a table for dinner in one end and a couch at the other.

"A nightmare," the boy said.

Frida smiled at him.

"You know, mom also gets nightmares. So does mommy," Frida said, trying to comfort him.

"You do?" He asked as Frida sat down on the couch and placed him on her lap.

"Yes. I get nightmares of losing you and mommy. I wake up very often and when I do I am very scared, but mommy is always there to help me with it. Do you want to talk about your nightmare?" Frida asked. She wasn't going to talk about anything unless he wanted to.

"It was about a scary dragon. It was big and white. Looked like Shadow. Is he like that?" He asked terrified.

"Shadow is not like that honey, he is the most amazing dragon out there. Do you want to see him again?"

He had already seen Shadow hundreds of times, but Frida understood why he was still scared of him. Her son wasn't the bravest kid ever, and the fear of dragons was rooted deep in his heart.

"Ok," he said, a little scared.

Frida lifted him up and sat him on her hip. She walked out of the house and whistled for Shadow to come.

It was a beautiful night. The sky was clear and the moon was full.

Shadow landed moments later looking exhausted but thrilled to be with both of them.

"Though night Shadow?" Frida laughed.

'The hatchlings are keeping me awake and it doesn't help that Maia is in heat,' Shadow grumbled and Frida laughed.

"You can understand him?" Her son asked, his eyes blown wide with excitement.

"Yes, I can. Do you want to pet him?" She asked.

He seemed terrified of the idea but Frida stuck out her hand towards Shadow. He happily leaned into her hand and purred loudly.

"He isn't going to hurt you," she said to the boy in her arms.