Battle

A/N: just thought this picture was a bit funny and it reminded me of a scene (HeatherxFrida) later in the chapter, (don't know who the original artist is).

TW/CW: blood and strong language, mostly at the end.

Enjoy!

"I do not like this," Heather said as she stretched her arms, the fabric in between making it difficult. "Frida was the one to do these crazy things, I was the one to bring her out of it. It should not be the other way around."

"You'll be fine, just remember what I have told you," Hiccup said.

They all stood a little away from the cliff getting ready to jump off.

"This is madness," Heather whispered.

"Do you want to get your dragon back?" Snotlout asked in a stern tone.

Heather shrank at his voice and Astrid hit the back of his head.

"If you don't behave I will push you off the cliff," Ruffnut said. She then turned to Hiccup. "So you want us to jump off the cliff it these?" She asked. Hiccup nodded. "That is the best you've got?"

"No, you guys are the best I've got," Hiccup said as he looked over the group.

"Aw," Ruffnut said as she stroked her hair. "I am with him who else?!"

"Ruffnut, that was my line," Tuffnut said, looking slightly offended.

"Come on!" Hiccup said as he began to run for the cliff.

"Try and keep up!" Astrid yelled after him, as she also jumped off the cliff.

Heather ran after them and jumped off. The wind ruffled her hair as she tried to stay calm. The tickling in her stomach making her want to puke.

She quickly spread her arms and the air lifted her up.

It was an amazing feeling. Flying without a dragon. Though she definitely preferred Windshear.

They glided through the air finally making their way to the ships. Hiccup went for Grimmel as Heather and the others tried to land. Heather didn't land as gracefully as the others, she landed on her face.

She got up on her feet and got rid of the makeshift wings as the others began to get ready to fight. Heather pulled out her ax as she got into the action as well.

They fought and fought, not seemingly getting anywhere. Only feeling a few dragons at a time.

Heather had a wound in her leg, which was deep and her helmet had been knocked off. The wound in her leg was gushing out blood to the point she was scared she might bleed out.

They couldn't do this, not without Toothless. They had to find a way to wake him up, or they would all die.

Heather spotted Astrid a few steps away and began to walk, or rather limp, over to her.

"Astrid!" She shouted as she limped over to the blonde. "We can't do this!"

It was already dark. The dragons in the cages were desperately trying to help as best as they can though they were still held captive. Toothless was still unconscious and Grimmel was enjoying the fight.

"We have to, just until Toothless regains his consciousness!" Astrid shouted and kicked a man running towards them.

They continued to fight until everything turned silent. A small noise coming from far away was the only thing that could be heard.

Heather looked out towards the ships at the end where a bright light could be seen. The light was orange, almost as if the ships in the distance were in flames.