𝐑𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞

Start from the beginning

Her abnormally pale hand reaches into the backseat of the black S.U.V, picking up the black plastic bag full of items Joan Leland stuffed inside for her. It consists of the outfit last wore before she was caught, random toiletries, a lipgloss, and lastly her phone. She takes the small device in her hands, running her fingers gently over the different-colored gemstones glued to look like a cartoonish version of the Joker's face.

Her days in hell are finally over. Alice has bailed her out, like her very own guardian angel, and carried her off into the sunset. She is free, and soon enough, she will be back home. She is going to find her smile again, that is buried deep somewhere in this rubble, a mountain of dust and death.

Although she is still a bit cautious of her return, because a small part of her believes that Amanda Waller will be waiting for her just to lock her back up again, she is still the tiniest bit hopeful. And that smallest bit of hope is enough to push everything else away, bury the bad memories so deep she can never reach them again. She is hell-bent on just erasing everything. No past. No reflections. No joker. She is wild and free, and ready to start her life again. It will be like the Joker had never appeared to her.

To her, he remains dead.

Quinn's head picks up again, and this is when she catches it. Aching emptiness in the red eyes that practically pierce her to her seat. Eyes filled with the hurt and pain of untenable loss that she has seen in her own mirror every day since he left. Crimson red eyes are shown on her side view mirror, but when she turns to look at it directly, they appear.

Indeed, there is nothing and nobody there. It's as if she had just imagined it...

A knock on her window frightens her out of her seat. She looks up to find Alice Cullen holding a ton of plastic bags filled with drinks and snacks. It is still nighttime, and they are only fifteen minutes away from the closest airport. Quinn rolls down the window and smiles at her as the kind immortal hands the bags food over to her.

"Thanks, cupcake," she gives her thanks in a chirpy voice, putting those familiar ruby orbs into the back of her mind. She convinces herself that she had imagined it.

Alice replies with a smile of her own and a small laugh, before rounding the car and getting into the drivers seat at human speed. Harley is in the process of removing the memory card out of her bedazzled phone, as she starts up the engine. She gives the blonde a curious look as she tosses the card and her phone out of the window with no remorse.

Harley catches her looking at her and just smiles with a simple shrug, leaning in to turn on the radio. "I'm so over clowns."

Alice Cullen parts her lips to say something, when she is suddenly pulled into a vision. Harls instantly shuts off the radio and stares at her with curious eyes, waiting in silence. She watches as Cullen's face turns into a look of horror struck.

"Cupcake? What's wrong," she asks after a moment, beginning to grow alarmed at her unseeing eyes. They finally refocus on her, looking at her in sheer terror and pain.

"Edward," Alice chokes, and Harley feels a shiver of fear slide down her spine like ice. Uh-oh, that doesn't sound good.

"What did'ya see? Alice, what's wrong?" Her fingers grip the hem of the plastic bag so hard her knuckles are beginning to turn white. Her ears feel flogged, like someone has stuffed cotton into them.