■End of Flashback■

Along with my wish, I also had my existence completely erased, as if I never existed. I have lived this life in the worst possible way. I never once fought for myself because I was afraid that I would only suffer in the end. I'm scared of every little change in other people's emotions because I know I will be at the receiving end of everything they have to feel just so they can feel much better about themselves.

The parents I call mother and father never looked at me as their son. I was never part of the family, to begin with. I was more like dust just lying there waiting to get scrubbed off; I was an eyesore. Even so, my sister is the only light I had in that family. She would always find the chance to comfort me and give me the support I needed, but I never paid any attention to her because I hated her existence. I'd always avoid her and sometimes even secretly scold her, but she never once got disheartened by my words of discouragement and insults. I guess I was not that different from how my parents treated me, as I was treating my sister.

This is the first decision that I've made by myself and I will never regret it.

"You need to fulfill one thing for me to attain your freedom from this contract. And if you don't, you will die and your soul will shatter unable to enter the cycle of reincarnation." He warned while giving death stares.

"I am well aware and informed, thank you. Now that everything has been settled, I am ready."

The surroundings changed into a seemingly traditional room which is his house in this place they call purgatory.

We sat on the table and some of his attendants prepared us tea.

The atmosphere began to get quite heavy as he started to discuss the remaining details of the contract and even much so as we moved on about the mission.

"So what you need to do is to eliminate a rank SSS goddess." He said looking straight into my eyes as if he would kill me as soon as I voiced something wrong.

I knew that it would be dangerous, but I never expected this extent of difficulty.

"Ah, about this mission. Would it be more favorable if you were to fight her yourself?" I spoke politely as much as I could.

"Exactly, I'm a god after all but that's also the reason why I cannot eliminate her. So I need someone to do it for me." He said knitting his brows, this is when I realized. 'Ah, he's also desperate to do this'.

"This doesn't happen often so this is not entirely taboo. Interfering with a soul that died is what's taboo but you were alive and all this happened with your full consent." As if reading my mind, he explained the nature of interfering with the deaths of the mortal world.

Regardless, this is a scheme happening behind those who hold the higher authorities and if I were to get mixed up, things would get out of hand, that at least is what I know.

"You signed the contract, that's all that matters. The other candidates backed out, and luckily you agreed with my proposal." He nonchalantly added.

But based on what he said, the others backed out? So I guess, I wasn't the only one he offered a contract with.

"Don't worry. I will do my part as per the agreement of our contract." I said with a solid resolution. It is dangerous, yes, but I have my values, I don't simply go back on my word.

Deloure paused for a moment and smiled.

"Great, I knew you would, I've been waiting for you to say that. So let's start then." With an excited voice, he snapped his little fingers.

All of a sudden, I feel a surge of energy entering my soul. For the first time in my life, I felt like my mind had never been this clear and my senses were never this sharp. It is as if I'm being embraced by soft cotton balls caressing my skin, giving warmth and comfort.