The Talks

Percabeth's Talk

Annabeth and Percy were sitting in the Poseidon cabin. Neither had uttered a word since they sat down, too much weighing on their minds.

"You have to go."

Percy sat, glaring at the ground unable to argue or agree with Annabeth.

"Percy look at me," grudgingly he lifted his head to lay his eyes on his Wise Girl. I can't leave her, he thought honestly. It would be tormenting. He felt safe and at home with Annabeth at his side, nothing would change that and to be torn away from her hurt more than words could express.

"I know it's hard. I wish you didn't have to go, but you do. This isn't something you can ignore. It came from a goddess, plus you'll have Thalia and Nico with you." Annabeth let out a heavy breath. This was hard for her too. It felt like she was pushing him away which is the last thing she would ever want to do. No matter how much they wished it or how much they hoped, the gods still controlled their lives, it was fate. At this point they'd just have to accept it and hope things could get better in the future.

"I love you, you know that. Please do this. It's not goodbye and it's not forever."

Percy hadn't realized but a tear had started to make its way down his cheek. He looked up at Annabeth again and noticed her eyes were glossy with unshed tears. He quickly flung his arms around the blonde and squeezed like if he let go she would disappear. Annabeth squeezed the black haired male back with just as much strength. They both cried into each other's shoulders, letting them be completely vulnerable with each other.

"Okay," Percy choked out after a while of them basking in the other's presence, "I'll go."

It was a bittersweet conclusion, a lot more bitter than sweet.

Solangelo's Talk

Will had started dragging Nico out of the Big House by his wrist, heading in the direction of the Hades cabin. Nico didn't say anything knowing Will was angry and needed a bit of silence as they walked.

When they reached the Hades cabin Will dragged Nico to the bed and abruptly let go of his wrist. Nico sat down obediently waiting for Will to either calm down or blow up.

Will instead started pacing. After a few minutes Nico rolled his eyes, "Will-"

"No, you aren't going!" Will said with such finality that it took Nico a second to regain his train of thought.

"Will... it's a quest, issued by a goddess, there's nothing we can do."

Nico spoke gently. A tone he reserved only for Will and occasionally Hazel.

Will started tugging at his hair, getting increasingly frustrated. Nico got up and grabbed both of Will's hands in his own before he could hurt himself. Leading them both back to the bed Nico sat down pulling Will with him.

Nico was really confused to say the least, he didn't expect Will to react this way.

"I'm a doctor Nico, I know you're not ready for a quest so soon. You almost faded into the shadows! And I'm your boyfriend which means I know a lot about you, you aren't ready!"

Nico was taken aback. In the few weeks they had gotten closer, as well as gotten together Will had to convince Nico of a lot. Convincing Nico that people cared about him, that Will cared about him was especially hard. So to see Will fighting this quest so fiercely made Nico a bit shocked and overwhelmed.

He was so used to people using him for what they needed and then not sparing him another glance. They never seemed to care about how he was doing or what he needed. 

This was a change. Not a bad change but definitely a change. Even so this quest was happening whether they liked it or not.

"Will, I won't be alone. I'll have Percy and Thalia. And I can find some way to contact you so you'll be caught up on everything. I promise to not use my powers unless it's necessary."

Will seemed to be considering everything Nico explained. He didn't like it, not at all, but it was better than nothing. After calming down and looking at it rationally Will knew they couldn't go against a quest issued by a goddess, it didn't make it any easier to let Nico go though.

"Okay. But you better contact me whenever you get the chance!" Will pulled Nico into a hug. Nico melted into his touch. Nico had gotten a lot better at physical contact though he would always have times where he didn't want to be touched.

This was not one of those times.

.

.

.

For the rest of the day Percy and Annabeth cuddled in the Poseidon cabin watching The Little Mermaid and Finding Nemo on Annabeth's laptop.

Nico and Will went to the kitchens baking cookies and brownies. Well Nico was baking, Will was goofing off and distracting Nico.

They basked in each other's presence. Spending time together while they had the chance.