Chapter 3

Kipo climbed out of her father's car. It's the end of the week and today she's gonna have a meeting with the school counselor, principal, the three women who watch over her, and her parents. It's going to be fun. A bunch of adults talking about her like she's not there.

The two went into the school and Kipo went straight into the main office taking the same seat she has all week. She only sat there for about a minute when Molly walked up to her. Molly is tall and thick. She gives the warmest hugs and has some of the best advice she's ever heard.

"Hey Kipo, ready?" Molly asked standing just in front of her. Kipo nodded and stood up. Throwing her bag over her shoulder. The two made their way down to her first class.

"Hello, Ms. Kameko," Kipo said with a smile.

The teacher smiled back and handed the girl a small piece of paper. She took it with a small twitch in her lips and sat at her desk. Kipo put the paper in a safe place in her bag.

"You're a good kid Kipo, you'll be free of me and the others soon enough," Molly said to Kipo before taking her normal seat in the corner that's closest to the girl.

Each class was the same thing. She'd walk in get a piece of paper from her teacher and stay quiet through the class.

Kipo remembers her old school. All the teachers would call on her for assistance. She'd more than happily answer any questions if her classmates don't want to. Everyone knew Kipo. She wasn't popular, but she would talk with anyone willing. They hate her now. Those same people she'd help, afraid of the girl. She saw it in their eyes. Saw it in the gossip they spread like wildfire over social media.

It came to the fifth period. The one her father teaches. She walked into the class smiling at her father. Kipo noticed the curly-haired girl she talked to earlier this week. They haven't talked since then, but Kipo wanted to. She was just afraid of the girl hating her.
________________

School passed by quickly. The dreaded moment inched closer as she sat in the office waiting for everyone to get here. Her father sat talking to Cotton. Molly sat next to Kipo, and Carton is talking to the principal. Song walked into the school with Hugo. She just went to pick him up before coming here. The principal brought the group into the counselor's office leaving Hugo waiting in the other room. Kipo pulled the collected papers from her bag and handed them to the counselor. Also known as Mr. Thomas-Denton or TD.

"Alright. Kipo how has the week been?" The man said in a slightly raspy and slow voice.

"Good considering," Kipo said. The man lightly nodded and looked through the paper. Slowly reading them. Humming as he switched the papers.

"Your teachers have nothing but good things to say about you, but are considered that you are not talking to anyone," He said. Kipo lightly nodded as he put the papers back down.

"Your grades are mostly A's and one B, and you have no current reports on your records," He said.

"Is there anything someone would like to add about Kipo's behavior?" The man asked. Looking over the adults. After some silence, he appointed the principal head of the conversation.

"I'd just like to thank Kipo for being on good behavior. We are hoping that soon you will be let off this little house arrest, but that is a slow road," the woman said. Kipo nodded silently biting her lip.

"That is all for this week. Keep it up," She said before opening the door and letting everyone leave the room. Kipo walked up to her older brother who was smiling.

"I remember when our positions were reversed," Hugo said softly patting Kipo's head pridefully.

Hugo is a bully. A bully's bully. He gets into a lot of fights and is often brought into the principles office with mom and dad, talking about getting suspended. Kipo laughed at her brother's words and pushed his hand off her.