Chapter 26 : Dinner

Start from the beginning

"Let's have dinner then, I hope you like chicken, Willow." His father said.

"Ofcourse, Mr. Lewis." I said with a polite smile.

"It's just Adler honey." He said with a grin. I gaped at all the delicious looking food laid out on the table." Did you make all of this?" I asked with wide eyes

"Yes honey," His father laughed "Only me and Azron cook here but I'm sorry to say that peanut here is a terrible cook, I advise you never let him into the kitchen unless you either want your house to catch fire or a nasty case of food poisoning." He muttered.

"Oh, I know all about it, you know what they say some lessons are meant to be learned the hard way." I laughed

"Hey! It was one time. One." Azrael said indignantly and tried to take Zyair from me to place him on his high seat next to Az's seat, Zyair cried out loudly and tried to jump back into my arms and I laughed placing the high chair next to me and placed him. He giggled and looked almost smugly at Azrael as if taunting him about gaining my attention and Az squinted his eyes at him in response.

Sitting down, Az began to place huge heaps of the dishes onto my plate,I looked at him through widened eyes and he shook his head firmly. He is obsessed with feeding me too much food, I'm starting to imagine him as the witch in Hansel and Gretel.

____________________________

After having a delicious dinner, I volunteered to help Adler clean the dishes but he waved a dismissive hand and claimed that the maids would do all that.

I feel a bit bad though.

I turned to the side to see Zyair's head drooping in exhaustion and Az chuckled, lightly picking him up and placing a kiss on his head.

I think I'm melting.

He turned his little head to the side and spotted me, instantly trying to jump out of Az's arms to mine.

"Great. I feed you for the whole day, play with you, change your diapers and then this is how you repay me?" Az grumbled and handed him over to me.

"Come on," he said, placing a hand on the small of my back, lightly kissing my shoulder and Zyair's head making him giggle and shyly hide his face in my neck.

Within a few minutes, I found myself in a big room and it didn't take a genius to figure out that this is Az's room. A big bed lay in the centre draped with a white blanket and one part of the wall was completely glass offering a breathtaking view of the tall trees ahead, a big flat screen was perched on the wall and lots of medical books. But the thing that surprised me the most was a guitar on the corner of the room.

"You play guitar?" I asked

"Yeah, I used to. Wanna watch something?"

"Hmm. How about Tangled?" I asked slyly, resisting the urge to laugh.

He muttered a curse and I laughed before sobering up immediately, "Hey! There's a baby in the room, you assho-"

Oh shit.

Azreal burst out laughing, the sound so rich and deep and so so contagious the I started laughing along with him, Zyair also giggling.

"Fine." He said and switched on the T.V and rested against the headboard, motioning us to join him. I sat next to him with Zyair on my lap but Azreal just let out a grunt and the next thing I knew we were both in his lap, me leaning against his firm chest. Then wrapped all three of us in his comfy blanket.

I think he's feeling a tad insecure because of Zyair.

Crazy man. My crazy man.

He wrapped one arm around my waist and the other around Zyair who snuggled in deeper into my chest, peeking out to watch the TV in curiosity. Like a cute little tortoise.

Az let out a whine,"The little guy is already stealing my favourite spot."

I laughed and leaned more against his warmth and he kissed me lightly and started grazing his fingers across Zyair's back making him coo and yawn.

It felt like home.

___________________________

Hii how are you guys?!💃💃💃💃

Do you like this chapter???

I. Love. Zyair. Maybe I'll write a book featuring him🙈🙈

Az feeling desperate:

XxAelinAsh