Chapter 26 : Dinner

Start from the beginning

"He used to say that one day he'll bring home his Raps. But we obviously took that as a joke and here we are nineteen years later." She teased.

I turned to look at Az to see him looking anywhere but my eyes, colour blooming high on his cheeks.

I think he has hair fetish...? Is that even a thing?

But nonetheless I found it cute. So cute that I just wanted to bite him. Yummy.

And as we reached the kitchen a man stood behind the counter wearing an apron. I almost gasped at how much he looked like Az. The same ocean eyes, the same high cheekbones, the hair and even the smile.

"Hello, you must be Willow. I'm Adler Lewis, peanut's dad." He said with a smirk.

"Dad." Az hissed.

"What peanut?" He asked innocently.

Az hung his head as if done with everything and just then a loud wail pierced through the comfortable silence making me jump. My boyfriend immediately rushed out with a panicked look on his face.

Is it the scene where I get introduced to his baby who has been hidden from the rest of the world like in books and movies?

"We actually have a little guest today," Jasmine explained."My sister and her husband went on a date today so they dropped their baby boy here,"

Right at that moment Az came back holding a wailing baby in his arms. And I knew I instantly had heart eyes when I saw the baby. A tiny head of curly dark brown hair with light gold highlights and big hazel eyes that was filled tears. I just wanted to kiss his chubby red cheeks. Az tried to calm him but he wailed even louder.

"This is baby Zyair." Mr. Lewis said to me over all the voices.

Zyair clenched his hands towards me and I looked at Az in alarm. But the ass just let out a relieved sigh and motioned me to take him and as I reached for him, Zyair threw himself into my arms without wasting even a second.

He hiccuped and lay his head on the crook of my neck, sniffling. I instantly placed a hand supporting his small neck and one under his butt and rocked him, humming a light tune lowly so that he was the only one who could hear.

It always used to work with Wes when he was a baby.

Within a few seconds he calmed down, and I looked down to see him closing his eyes with a tiny yarn. Awww.

"I guess I'm not the only one who loves to sleep on you." Azrael muttered under his breath grumpily, "He definitely likes you," Jasmine said in an surprised tone " He is not really easy to calm down." She added.

Az peaked down over my shoulder to check if he's asleep,"I'll put him to bed." He said quickly and tried to gently take him out of my arms but little Zyair suddenly gave out a cry of protest and clung to me like a baby monkey.

Ugh. My heart.

"I guess we're eating dinner like that..." His father muttered.

Azreal let out a groan of protest and Zyair looked up at me and babbled enthusiastically, giggling his little heart out. "Aww, I know he's stupid baby." I cooed making him let out a happy shriek as if agreeing with me.

Feeling someone's burning gaze at me, I snapped my head to the side to see Az staring at us both, his filled with an unknown emotion. I grinned at him and he slowly smiled back, his eyes soft. Zyair let out an unhappy squeak because of the loss of attention and gave me a toothless smile when I turned towards him.

I  could see Az slightly pouting angrily from the corner of my eye and I bit my lips to hide my grin.

I'm surrounded by babies.