Chapter 68

comment.

------------------------

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"Goddamnit, Jordan," I pushed my hand into my back pocket and pulled my wallet out then handed him a few pesos, "Here. Get the fuck out of my sight."

He smiled, taking the money from me but didn't move. I glared and he placed his hands on my head and pulled it closer so he could kiss my cheek before I could react, "Thanks, da-"

"I dare you to finish that sentence," I gritted, grabbing hold of my gun in the waistband of my pants.

He rolled his eyes, "Fine." Thinking he would listen for once, I took my hand off of the gun and leaned against the cement wall behind us. "Gracias, Papi," He blurted out then rushed over to the ice cream stand, the reason he was whining for money in the first place.

I rolled my eyes but didn't react, turning to look at the entrance of the ladies' room to see if Kara and Nia were done touching up their makeup yet. We'd been walking around El Centro for a couple of hours now. There was a shit load of shops here, giving Kara and Nia the perfect opportunity to splurge and buy whole new wardrobes.

Kara bought so much, we needed to call a few men to pick up all of the bags she had so far to take back to the house.

The place was beautiful, Mexico as a whole has been beautiful but it wasn't the views that I'd been looking at, it was Nia. She hasn't smiled this much in so long, it was refreshing to see her feeling so happy again. While she smiled and laughed at whatever was surrounding us, I was looking at her, admiring the way her eyes would lighten and the corner of her lips would make a faint dimple appear on the left side of her mouth. Her hazel eyes looked even lighter when she'd stand underneath the sun.

I tried hiding her sunglasses from her so I could keep looking at them but just holding them in my hands was an obvious spot so she found and put them on quicker than I'd have liked.

"What's got you smiling so hard?" Jordan came back over with a cup of ice cream in his hand, a satisfied smile on his face.

"What do you think?" I turned to him, eyeing the cup in his hands. He noticed and scooped up a bite then fed it to me.

"Alexis?"

I smacked him on the head and he chuckled, "I'm just kidding."

"Don't even say that thing's name around me," I rested my head against the cold wall and closed my eyes, "Gonna get fucking nightmares."

"Tell me about it," He agreed, "Just the other night, I was in my dream, running away from a tsunami of milk like always when..."

I blocked his voice out and smirked, thinking about the moment between me and Nia this morning. The intensity of how our lips touched and the way her body reacted to mine in all the right ways, how insanely hot she looked all messed up afterwards just by a short make-out session.

Even though it was incredibly hot and turn me on, it also scared me. The last thing I want is to take the next step, whenever that may be, and end up being too rough for her or too much in general. I don't want to be the cause of her reliving the shit she had to endure during the past few months.

I have to learn how to control myself, make sure I don't get too comfortable and ignore the signs of nervousness she may show. I know her, I know that if she's uncomfortable, she tends to just keep quiet about it instead of talking to me about it because she's scared of it ruining the moment.