Chapter Thirty-One:The End

Start from the beginning

        "I have no authority over my wife." Sherlock told him.

        "Good answer."

        "Behave, Mike!"

        'Mycroft is the name you gave me, if you could struggle all the way to the end."

        "Mrs. Holmes." Bill handed her a drink.

        "Oh, thank you dear. Not absolutely sure why your here."

        "I invited him." Sherlock said.

        "I'm his protege, Mrs. Holmes. When he dies I get all his stuff and his job."

        "No,  that would be Grace."

        "Well, I help out a bit."

        "Closer." I told him.

        'Well if he does get murdered or something-"

        "Probably stop talking now." We said in unison.

        "Ok."

        "Lovely when you bring your friends around." Mycroft muttered.

        "Stop it you. Somebody has put a bullet in my boy, and if I ever find out who I shall become absolutely monstrous. Ah, this was for Mary. I'll be back in a minute." Sherlock dressed to go outside with Mycroft as his father left the room with John and Mary still inside.

        "Those two, are they alright?" 

        "They will be." I told him. It's been weeks since that night. They talked to each other. John didn't want to know what Magnussen had on her. Probably best, in the end. I stood in the kitchen with Mrs. Holmes.

        "Should we be expecting Grandchildren anytime soon?" She asked. I smiled. 

        "I don't think Sherlock is the 'children' type of man." 

        " He acts like he's not, but deep down, I think that's what he wants. He's just too prideful to say it." I shrugged. "And Grace? Can I just mention how happy I am that he picked you, and how proud I am to call you my daughter?" I smiled.

        "Thank you, Mrs. Holmes." All of a sudden, I started feeling very dizzy. I fell to the ground, and everything went dark.

~~~

        Mycroft headed after John and Sherlock. They'd knocked us all out and taken Mycroft's computer to Magnussen.

        "I swear, I'll kill him!" I shouted angrily, pacing around the house. Mycroft called me. "Hello?'        

        "He shot him. Sherlock shot Magnussen in the head, and killed him." I almost dropped my phone.

        "Well can you, can you help him? Can you get him a pardon or something?"

        "I've tried my best. We worked out that he's being forced to work for me in another country."  I covered my hand with my mouth. Oh Sherlock, what have you done...

~~~

        Sherlock was standing by the plane when we arrived. 

        "You will look after them for me, won't you?" He asked Mary. She hugged him tightly.

        "Don't worry. I'll keep him in trouble. And Grace, she'll have no problem with that." 

        "That's my girl." He turned to Mycroft. "I would like my last conversation with John Watson and my wife to be held alone." Mycroft nodded off to the side. He took John aside. John came back and I walked over. 

        "Why did you do it? Why'd you have to go off and kill him?"

        "To protect John and Mary." He told me. I nodded.

        "Yeah, I figured...Am I ever going to see you again?" 

        "I don't know..it's always a possibility." I sighed, on the verge of tears. "Grace...listen to me. I want you to know...you are...one of the best things that ever happened to me.  I am a cruel and cold man, but...with you...you didn't care. You stuck with me through so much...I love you." I nodded. 

        "I love you too...You, you saved me from the most boring life ever. I was just...I was Gracie Lestrade, Greg's sweet kid sister. You made me so much more then that. You made me, Gracie Holmes, consulting detective. You made me what I am. You made me see that there is so much more to life then having lunch with friends and watching telly. You saved me Sherlock Holmes." I hugged him and kissed him.

        "Good bye...Gracie Lestrade."

        "Good bye...Sherlock Holmes." 

~~~

        Everything comes to an end. Not long ago, I was just a girl, who committed a murder that no one knew about. I was the sister of Detective Inspector Lestrade, and had a fairly normal life, that chapter of my life ended when I stepped off of that train my first day in London. Sherlock said that I was, in every way, his saving grace. But that goes both ways. As I was his saving grace...he was mine. This is where the story ends, I'm afraid. This is the story, that tells of the adventures of  a short war doctor, an arrogant Highly function sociopath, and the sister of DI Lestrade. They had some good times, they had some bad. But in the end...

I wouldn't have changed a thing.

I looked up and saw that the plane was coming back.

        "Mycroft? What's going on?"

        "London needs Sherlock Holmes, now more then ever." he showed us a video. Moriarty's face appeared. 

        "He's dead." 

        "Evidently not."

        "Did you miss me? Did you miss me? Did you miss me?"  

~~~The end~~~