Chapter 39

Aadhira wanted a sangeet for her wedding though it doesn't happen normally in South Indian weddings, she had somehow convinced Karthik to convince everyone for the Sangeet. She was jumping in joy 2 days after the day out as Karthik had convinced his parents and her parents for it. Aadhira, Akshara and Unnati were in a call, Aadhira kept squealing "Mr.Boring isn't that boring either.. he convinced Amma and Nanna for Sangeet.. but this is utterly unfair yaar.. I say something.. they ignore it like I'm blabbering shit.. he comes and says something and they are like.. Ofcourse Ofcourse sure why not.. it's so irritating at times".

Akshara starts her rants "Yeah yeah I know.. I feel you Aadhu.. previously dad was completely against Shiva and now he is like everything this dumbo says is right.. I don't know where should I go and hit my head". Unnati was laughing hearing them "Okay my dear married and soon to be married babies.. enough of your rants.. now come to the point Aadhu". Aadhira "Yeah.. I completely forgot.. Unni baby get ready with the dance steps you are going to teach everyone", Unnati was surprised "What me.. no Aadhu I.. I can't". Akshara "Aree Unni.. you love dancing.. you have taken classes.. now whats there to say you can't.. you can do it babe.. and moreover Aadhu will also help.. right na Aadhu", Aadhira "Ofcourse". Unnati was still hesitant but Aadhira and Akshara convince her, she finally gives in.

The Sangeet was to be held the day before wedding, their wedding was a week later. They had a week more to think and practice. A couple of days later, Aadhira had made a list on who needs to dance with who and sent it to Unnati, she was shocked seeing her name with Yash. She immediately called Aadhira "Aadhu what the hell.. I'm not dancing with him..", Aadhira chuckles to herself "Come on Unni.. it's just a dance na..". It was a complete big 'No' from Unnati to dance with Yash, she already didn't know what to do with Yash putting all his efforts to show her how much he wants her to forgive him. Every morning she would get flowers along with sorry notes at her doorstep. She would talk to Yash's mom daily and one such day his mom forgot to disconnect the call, she ended up hearing the conversation between Yash and his mom.

Lakshmi "Yash kanna (child) when are you going to get married.. see Karthik is also getting married.. Abhi will also get married soon..". Yash who was sitting next to her puts his head on her lap "Amma I'll get married only when Unnati forgives me.. you know Amma it's only Unnati for me.. I did a mistake I'm trying to rectify it.. I was hurt because she didn't trust me but look at the irony na I didn't trust her either.. I spoke out so much in my anger.. I even asked her if she is involved the plotting against me.. how could I Amma.. my guilt.. it's not letting me be at peace..

What do I do Amma.. I don't know what to do.. she didn't need anyone to tell her that I wasn't at fault.. she realised it by herself.. but I.. I didn't even realise it.. she is right I needed someone to tell me about her.. why am I like this Amma.. my anger blinds me.. she has already been through a lot and I.. I put her through everything that I promised to keep her away from.. even if she forgives me.. what do I do of this guilt inside me.. I love her.. I yearn for her.. I need her.. I want her.. but this guilt.. she would have felt the same guilt na Amma.. that's why she was quiet that one whole month.. she silently heard everything I had said not once did she speak back.. now I understand how she would have felt".

His tears kept flowing from his eyes continuously, she could hear his voice break. His mom tries to console him "Shh Kanna.. she will forgive you Yash.. don't worry.. she too loves you a lot.. don't cry Kanna.. it's okay everything will be alright soon.. guilt will also go away once you both are happy together.. don't cry kanna.. I know.. I know you love her a lot.. yes your anger blinds you and I also know you are also trying to control it.. shhh calm down.. everything will be alright soon". Hearing him Unnati's eyes also brimmed with tears, she just wanted to run to him and comfort him. One part of her did want to forgive him and probably give a shot at their relationship again but the other part was still scared of his anger.