Chapter 11

Jessie

When I looked around, I realized a crowd had gathered. All betas, which I guess explained why none of them had intervened. There were more than a handful of people recording this on their devices.

Behind them, the last person I expected was stopping this becoming a public porno. The alpha female from Thorun's big movie.

"She's mine. Go away, wench," Jorak growled, and his hair literally raised, like hackles on a dog's neck!

"She is spoken for!" The female wove through the crowd, who seemed fascinated by the drama unfolding. "Do you like all your teeth?"

"You don't scare me, female," Jorak retorted.

The female laughed. "I should."

There were no betas between her and Jorak, now. For some reason, I rooted for the woman. Maybe so I could put salt in her tea later. I reminded myself she was the thieving bitch who had taken advantage of Thorun in his inebriated state last night.

"This is your last chance to walk away. Just put the omega down," the female said.

Jorak laughed sardonically. His grip tightened around my arms as he lifted me higher.

"I will claim the omega here, with all these witnesses, if I get to keep her."

Her fist connected with his face faster than any boxer I'd ever seen. She knocked his head to the side and spittle flew out of his mouth, showering me. Yuck.

Still holding me, he bowed his head low and charged at her. She must have tripped him up because we started crashing to the floor. Before I landed, something happened, and I suddenly flew through the air, instead.

The wall loomed up ahead and I resigned myself to the fact this landing would hurt. Before I hit, two strong hands plucked me from the air and gently lowered me to the ground. I looked up and saw Thorun, who did not intervene in the fight between the female and Jorak.

"Why don't you stop them?" I asked instead of gushing with gratitude. I didn't much want to talk to him right now.

"They need to get it out in the open." He didn't seem too bothered by the situation, even though Jorak had the female by the hair. Thorun's favored female was getting her head pounded repeatedly into the floor with loud clangs as thinly-veiled bone hit steel.

Somehow, she wriggled free and, with a single elbow to the back of his neck, she rendered Jorak unconscious. He hit the deck like a felled tree and all the betas cheered.

I rolled my eyes.

"I mean, it's probably great if you're into women with beards," I remarked under my breath.

"That was disrespectful," Thorun growled.

I struggled against his grip.

"As disrespectful as letting her bed you last night?" I demanded with a snarl.

Thorun laughed. He laughed. I spat sparks.

"I will never choose you, you're a cheat and a hypocrite." I tried to wriggle free of his strong arms.

"I am neither of those things," he replied quietly. "Last chance to stop being so ridiculous."

"'M not being ridiculous. You are. How can you tell me to choose an alpha to be tied to for the whole of my life while at the same time..." I waved my hand trying to think of the right word. "Philandering with some woman who looks like an ideal contender for the Russian Shot Putting champion!"