thirty two: the archetype

Start from the beginning

His brother, her husband the absentee wolf in her life. Married by paper and not by love. Not once did Bella saw his naked body or laid in a bed next to him. He was cold and terrible.

Though she could not fully blame him.

Remmington’s have a hard time siring their heirs. The only reason he agreed to their union is the sole fact that she was his mate. That meant that she had a better chance of conceiving his child.

But no matter how hard she tried to make it up to him, she was rejected over and over again. After a couple of years of being turned away, she decided to stop her efforts and began her affair with other wolves.

It was no longer her fault that their relationship didn’t work. It was his.

In front of her pack, she acted as the rejected Luna, the victim that her husband left without a reason. It was probably better that he wasn’t here. She had seen him murder a wolf for mistakenly carrying out wrong orders that had no consequences at all.

What would he think now that she was carrying his brother’s daughter? He would probably huff and roll his eyes, jailing himself in his office to do his paperwork piling on his desk.

‘You are  a woman made of wax. Do you melt for every man that touches you?’ Were the words that he spoke after he stumbled upon her tangled in a bed with another man.

“Who cares what he thinks? He left me, abandoned me almost four years ago. I don’t even know where the bloodiest of hell he is.” She spat. “Honestly, his absence should be ground for replacement. You can be the Alpha, Harrick and I will give you as many children as you want.”

“Mirabella, I’d be happy to but pack Remmington doesn’t work like that. Frank should be Alpha but his age deters our wolves from agreeing. Even my brother is temporary Alpha and until Frederick is retrieved, we shall remain without a proper Alpha.”

Bella never understood this pack’s so-called tradition. But it is what it is. Complicated or not, she was to respect it. That was the agreement she signed when she decided to be the Luna.

“Ah yes, fickle wolves. Even you don’t follow your rules when in closed doors.” She scowled.

Harrick places his finger under her chin, pulling her gaze towards him.

“There’s a certain sense of thrill about disregarding rules. Like me marrying more than one wife or me bedding my Luna and you carrying our daughter.”

Harrick was never a clear-headed man and his intentions were always so terrifying but he gets his job as Beta finished.

“Is Frank really that reliable? He might have other plans.”

Ever since she arrived to pack Remmington, she knew to not trust the old wolf. There was a side of him that she often found dark but try as she may, it was hard to pinpoint what exactly it was.

“He better do what he’s been told to do or his wife will suffer the consequences of his actions. Besides, he’s where we want him to be in this moment and as far as I can see it, everything’s scheduled and timed. Trust the plan, Bella.”

Not only that he was a generous lover, but Harrick was also a tactician who thrived in winning, and in the fluke chances of him losing, external forces and uncalled contingencies were to blame. He was ruthless, played dirty, and had vast connections to packs that were worthy to be kept an eye on.

“We will be there to fight. I’d like to drench my blade with Nathaniel’s blood.” He grins.

She gulps. That hunger for blood was mesmerizing. It fueled her body and caused her to want more. In her eyes, death was beautiful. A picturesque image of what a strong wolf should be. Alpha Remmington paled in comparison with what his brother could do.

Her hand grazed his arm from up to down and took his finger, leading him to the bed.

~•°•~

Hello everyone! I'm sure you're wondering why this chapter is too short but it is completely intentional! The next chapter will be published tomorrow.

It will be worth it, I promise. If it doesn't make sense now, the next chapter will surely be an eye opener!

Love,

Jino